Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Honda FTW!
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 EX-L Coupe, V6 auto. I recently installed the TLX 25.7mm rear swaybar and it's not enough. I am going to do struts shortly and while I'm at it, install the 26mm TLX front swaybar (part number 51300-TZ7-A51). The swaybar has these weird metal rings where it appears the bushings might be located (see below). Does anyone know anything about these? I may end up having to remove them.

Also, if anyone has experience with this particular swaybar, I'd like to hear about it. Specifically, does it fit - the shape is not uniform, I am assuming due to the 4WD configuration of the TLX.

Yes, I know that installation will be a pain. I did the TL swaybars on my '06 and it was not a fun process. Thanks.

20200207_175216.jpg

20200207_175159.jpg

·
CVT
939 Posts
  • Not familiar with the TLX front sway bar....
  • Have you swapped out the OEM front strut brace? You may also want to consider some of the other frame braces offered by Ultra Racing as well.
  • A good set of performance coilovers may be necessary too, if you're trying to significantly improve the car's handling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
May I ask why you are installing a larger front sway bar then rear? That should increase under steer. Are you finding the back end snappy or something?

·
Registered
762 Posts
May I ask why you are installing a larger front sway bar then rear? That should increase under steer. Are you finding the back end snappy or something?
A larger front sway bar than the rear is standard practice on nearly every car built today. It doesn't automatically mean "under steer". There's too many other suspension dynamics things that come into play, most of which is center of gravity. FWD/RWD/AWD also make a difference. There are plenty of factory cars out there that severely over steer with larger bars than the rear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought a 2017 Hybrid a month ago. Stabilizer Bar (front/rear) 19 mm / 16 mm
My old 2008 Accord Exl 4. Stabilizer Bar (front/rear) 26.5 mm / 13 mm, changed the 13mm rear to 19mm from a TL base. This was a good mod.

I'm not sure if I want to mess with the Hybrid's front and rear. Would be nice to have better handling around the curves.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The big sway bar isn't enough? Are you just wanting to slide around every corner? With the Progress 22mm one I put on it already changed the drive completely

·
Honda FTW!
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I personally like flat cornering and even with the pretty large rear swaybar, I still get a lot more body roll (and understeer) than I like. Each to their own though. Modify your vehicle to what is comfortable for you.

Also, consider that I am using TLX swaybars - these were standard on that car.

·
Honda FTW!
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the factory 18" wheels and Sumitomo HTR AS P02 tires. On my '06, I had the factory 17" wheels, TL swaybars front and rear, and the same tires. I've never had oversteer issues. I don't push those limits, which includes slowing down on the twisty roads when they're wet.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,784 Posts
You'll notice a distinct difference when you drop in the front sway bar and a set of good Koni struts.

·
Honda FTW!
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I've got KYBs - I know that Konis are better but I am keeping to a budget.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts