Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I've had my 2013 accord coupe for about 1 1/2 months now, and so far the tmps light has come on about 3 times already. Every time i go to check it, one tire(i haven't really checked to see if its the same one) has like 29 psi when the others are maybe low by 1 psi. I usually fill it to recommended spec but today the light came on again. I was just wondering what i should do? Should i get the tire checked out or just keep filling air? Is it the constant change in weather that could be causing this? Thanks

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
That doesn't sound right. I would definitely take it to the dealer.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Air them all to the spec on the door sticker and recalibrate the tpms. Then monitor from there.

Jay

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Hey guys, so I've had my 2013 accord coupe for about 1 1/2 months now, and so far the tmps light has come on about 3 times already. Every time i go to check it, one tire(i haven't really checked to see if its the same one) has like 29 psi when the others are maybe low by 1 psi. I usually fill it to recommended spec but today the light came on again. I was just wondering what i should do? Should i get the tire checked out or just keep filling air? Is it the constant change in weather that could be causing this? Thanks
look for nails

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air them all to the spec on the door sticker and recalibrate the tpms. Then monitor from there.

Jay
Ive done that twice, today was my 3rd time doing that. And from the last 2 times i believe it was the same tire that had a lower pressure..29 psi rather than the recommended 33 psi. If i take it to the dealer, i don't believe they will cover the tire if it has a nail, etc. or will they?

·
CBP 2013 Accord Sport CVT
22 Posts
Are your tires filled with air or nitrogen?

·
Banned
268 Posts
had the light come on on ours a few weeks after we got it. It didn't turn off until we reset the light. Hasn't come on since (been a couple months now)

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts
Today I had my TPMS light come on after I lost some traction. I just rotated my tires last night so I was somewhat concerned. I checked the tires and it looked good, I didn't bother checking the pressure since I did that this weekend and they all appeared normal :dunno:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Today I had my TPMS light come on after I lost some traction. I just rotated my tires last night so I was somewhat concerned. I checked the tires and it looked good, I didn't bother checking the pressure since I did that this weekend and they all appeared normal :dunno:
Did you recalibrate your tpms after you rotated the tires? If not, that's why your light came on.

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts

·
R.Palace
172 Posts
X2 on check for nails. I had a nail so deep in my tire I couldn't see it. It was there for a month before I noticed it. TPMS light continued on until the nail was removed even when I filled it with air

·
Registered
514 Posts
From the manual and other stuff I've read, it can take half an hour for the light to activate. Plus they want you to recalibrate any time you add air, rotate, or change a tire. So I wouldn't expect the light to reset right away if you have a slow leak and refill the tire. They also say it takes about a half hour after you recalibrate for it to be done with the calibration.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a slow leak in one of mine and had to reset the light several times. It cleared the light immediately after releasing the button. I never saw anything about a half hour to complete.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If one tire is constantly loosing air, it more than likely has a leak of some sort. Take it to a reputable tire shop and have them check it if you cant see anything in the tire. A proper tire repair will consist of a patch plug done from the inside of the tire. Any tire shop that simply plugs the tire from the outside is not reputable nor is that safe. Despite not having sensors in our wheels, our cars are still extremely sensitive to tire pressure changes (which is how it should be).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright thanks for the input guys, i think ill get it checked out if the pressure stops again. Probably going to just get it patched like suggested. I don't have to worry about any sensor right?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and I'm not sure what they are filled with. when i was car shopping some told me it was filled with nitrogen and some didn't, and as far as i can remember, the dealer i bought from didn't tell me about nitrogen in the tires, so I'm guessing not, and also, I'm just putting regular air since i don't remember there being nitrogen.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had a slow leak in one of mine and had to reset the light several times. It cleared the light immediately after releasing the button. I never saw anything about a half hour to complete.
Yeah, the person before my comments said he refilled the tire, but the light didn't go out... I suspect that was because they didn't reset, and it takes 30 minutes or so with small pressure changes for the system to show a change.

Check the manual, it tells you how long the 'recalibration' takes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts