Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks! I'm looking into buying a car can came across an auction. I'm really not sure about this method of buying. Can any of you share any car auction experiences? Whether good or bad, I'd like to hear/read from you.
Another thing, I've noticed some vehicles have salvage titles, if I'm not worrying about reselling, do you thing it's a big deal?
http://www.easyexport.us/carfinder/...09_HONDA_ACCORD_19243830/?a_aid=4c054bdec9d5b

·
lol wut
570 Posts
I think it's really up to you to decide. I know some car auctioneers and body shops who look for extremely cheap salvage titled vehicles (some with light damage and others with heavy frame damage) and set to restore the vehicle back to running state and sell them for loads of profit. Of course this isn't always the situation, I'm just laying it out for you based on what I've seen. So with that said, do you feel comfortable knowing that you are buying a car under these conditions? Some may be comfortable with it, others may not. So as I said, it's all up to you to decide.

·
The Stig's day off...
223 Posts
I would never want to start out owning a car that has already been wrecked once. Bad enough if you wreck it yourself.

Up to you, but you never know how bad the damage really is unless you inspect it yourself and have the knowledge to know what it is you are seeing. I would suspect that car has some frame damage too.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I agree with the other guys... especially that you can't even have full insurance on it once its a salvaged title ****s the most. But I did hear of people buying salvaged cars and they continued to work no problems... but my opinion is a hell no unless its a car for 3 to 5 grand for work then I wouldn't really care anything about that HELL NO!

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
That car in your post will have Frame damage.

I would NEVER purchase a car that has a Salvage Title, unless it was for parts only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts