Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm interested in MAYBE lowering my car or just throwing some nice 18" wheels on there to lessen that dark cave between the tires and the body..lol

I know when you lower, you have to buy springs of course, then coilovers if you dont want your shocks to go out. This can get pretty costly. AND THE WORDS costly and student dont go together. So I may end up just going with the rims.

I NEED SOME 7TH GEN PHOTOS OF RIDES WITH 18"S LOWERED AND STOCK HEIGHT IDC..Just give me some type of descriptions. THANKS GUYS & GALS.

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
Here's mine slammed. I won't even bother posting pictures of stock height with !8" rims. It just looks RIDICULOUS! Don't even bother rolling up like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nightmarcher,
sorry bro but the whole slammed thing is just ridiculous. Because of peple like you i have to go spend lots of money to make my car amazing!
Your like a woman, always making me spend money!
thumbs up:thmsup::thmsup:

·
SHLEE
231 Posts
lol "dont even bother rolling up like that" really? Nah man, some people cant "slam" their cars based on the areas they live in. Try rolling around Jersey with drop like that. you"ll be pissed off by how much money you spend on bent wheels and everything else. I mean your car looks tight! and believe me I would give anything for a stance looking the way you do. But sometimes you just have to be practical

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
No I definitely understand. Don't take that statement to seriously, it was basically just a answer to his saying "to lower or not to lower" ofcourse I probably wouldn't even drop my car if I lived on horrible roads. But like I said, I didn't mean it that way. My bad if I offended anybody

·
Team Sea Slug
13 Posts
Have to agree it looks well sleek. I've wanted to drop mine, but that'll have to remain a fantasy. Money's tight, and anyway my driving habits would come back and bite me in the rear (I have a bad habit of driving right up to that concrete bar in parking spots).

Nice work though, much respect.

·
-Gene
656 Posts
stock

not

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
I don't know why people lower their cars. It ruins the ride and it looks ridiculous, especially when it is done to a sedan. It is an Accord, far from being a sports car, and trying to make it look like one, makes it more lame. Same goes for the trucks, Civics, and especially the large sized SUVs that are lowered. But some will continue to do it because they think it is cool, until they get stuck on a speed bump, or can't even get in or out of a driveway. Love to honk at them since they are holding up traffic because they are inching along trying to get in or out of the driveway. But they sure look cool, especially when they add a fartcan too!

A friend of mine back in high school lowered his truck. I gave him a ride home one time and he couldn't believe how smooth the ride was. I had a Nissan 200SX Coupe. He asked how my car was so smooth and I told him it wasn't lowered. The next week he put his truck back to stock and said it wasn't worth the sh*tty ride once he realized how bad it was. If you have a bad back, the last thing you want to do is lower your car.

If someone has to ask, "Will my car look stupid if I do this"? Then the answer is pretty much always, "Yes"! However, in this case, the OP is concerned about money. Student + expensive rims + Long Beach CA = theft. If he is still insured on his parents policy, they are already paying a fortune, and they are not about to pay more premiums to have rims covered under the policy (aftermarket rims are not covered under any policy, unless endorsed with an increase in premium).

·
Registered
178 Posts
i think that a lowered(maybe not slammed) accord looks sexy as hell. and i know you take away from the stock feel, but there are some suspension set-up that feel very good, almost just as good. so i completely disagree with what you just said bro. but hey to each there own. enjoy the ride of your stock suspension, and i will enjoy my coilovers. no need to try and bash people with them...

·
-Gene
656 Posts
i completely disagree as ususal with hillstones. tein ss-p is damper adjustable with a box inside the car called EDFC.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I don't know why people lower their cars. It ruins the ride and it looks ridiculous, especially when it is done to a sedan. It is an Accord, far from being a sports car, and trying to make it look like one, makes it more lame. Same goes for the trucks, Civics, and especially the large sized SUVs that are lowered. But some will continue to do it because they think it is cool, until they get stuck on a speed bump, or can't even get in or out of a driveway. Love to honk at them since they are holding up traffic because they are inching along trying to get in or out of the driveway. But they sure look cool, especially when they add a fartcan too!

A friend of mine back in high school lowered his truck. I gave him a ride home one time and he couldn't believe how smooth the ride was. I had a Nissan 200SX Coupe. He asked how my car was so smooth and I told him it wasn't lowered. The next week he put his truck back to stock and said it wasn't worth the sh*tty ride once he realized how bad it was. If you have a bad back, the last thing you want to do is lower your car.

If someone has to ask, "Will my car look stupid if I do this"? Then the answer is pretty much always, "Yes"! However, in this case, the OP is concerned about money. Student + expensive rims + Long Beach CA = theft. If he is still insured on his parents policy, they are already paying a fortune, and they are not about to pay more premiums to have rims covered under the policy (aftermarket rims are not covered under any policy, unless endorsed with an increase in premium).

Koni + Ground Controls = better than stock ride comfort and looks better.

Why you so negative dude?

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Here ya go. Dropped mine a bit on Tein S. Techs and Tokico Blues.

Is the ride diff yes. Its def stiffer so you do feel a lot more, but it also gets rid of body roll. So, now when I hit a turn hard I don't feel like I'm sitting on the armrest on the door or in the passenger seat. Do you have to drive different, sometimes. I can say that I want the 7th Gen lip SO BAD, but with how many times I've knocked the bumper on driveways I know it would get ripped off in a week. And this also causes me to back out of driveways slow, which I actually got honked at for today (maybe it was Hillstone) but the road was clear when I started to pull out, no one was in site. Which means the jackass came around the turn WAY too fast! And as for it lookin stupid, thats up to the person judging. Some ppl like it low, some ppl dont, some ppl like it way too low and some ppl like it lifted. Mine's just dropped a little and I like it, so F*** what everyone else thinks. Sorry If I didn't like the car looking like it was lifted stock. I don't go tellin ppl with lifted trucks that their trucks look stupid, so leave it be and move on with your life.

Front before springs:

Front after springs:

Gotta get rid of the darkness...

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
Dude is obviously salty. Coming here calling dudes stupid for lowering their car. Trying to make a point because it's not a sports car. Who cares if its a family car, people not allowed TO DO ANYTHING with THEIR car? Hahaha give me a break! Its obvious you have never rode a car with great aftermarket suspension. Those ride nice!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Won't get into the arguments, but there certainly is a lot of benefit of lowering, including the better look and better handling from a lower center of gravity, that may opt for. It's extremely popular and many want to be lowered vs stock height.

In terms of ride comfort, there WILL be to any/some degree of change with any suspension/lowering, that I think most would be aware of. As you lower your car, you will need to some degree increase the resistance in how it rides/rebounds or else it would hit the ground. For example, if you would lower 2" vs stock, but left all else alone, if you hit a bump your car would rebound the same and would bottom out where it would not have stock. Therefore, I don't think most would really expect there car to act the same lowered as it would in stock form.

However, the benefits as the entire aftermarket culture have shown, are obvious with a better looking ride height and a lower center of gravity and tighter suspension through the corners.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
my car looks so much nicer lowered than it did stock/. Lowered on basics and it's the same height as the stock 08TL-s with a lip.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, we each have our own taste and preference, have at it as long as it is not illegal, unethical, or immoral.

And let's turn down the heat a tad, shall we? Hate to close off another thread today. :yes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.