Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 17 inch tires be quieter than 19th inch?

Does moon roof (closed) make a difference versus all metal roof? Does moon roof remove sound insulation?

Any particular floor matting or trunk matting?

· Registered
26 Posts
If you're this fixated on cabin noise I wouldn't buy a Honda period. Road noise has never been particularly quiet since the cars are packaged to have as much interior space as possible. It's not incredibly loud cabin noise or anything, especially on the newer ones, but most rivals will be slightly quieter.

That said, in general smaller wheels with bigger tires and no sunroof will have the least noise. However, this combination is only available in the LX model. Usually, cars will get more sound insulation on higher trims, so the base model may be the loudest cabin noise.

Maybe try a used Lexus? Those would be very quiet on the inside and are tuned primarily for comfort.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're this fixated on cabin noise I wouldn't buy a Honda period. Road noise has never been particularly quiet since the cars are packaged to have as much interior space as possible. It's not incredibly loud cabin noise or anything, especially on the newer ones, but most rivals will be slightly quieter.

That said, in general smaller wheels with bigger tires and no sunroof will have the least noise. However, this combination is only available in the LX model. Usually, cars will get more sound insulation on higher trims, so the base model may be the loudest cabin noise.

Maybe try a used Lexus? Those would be very quiet on the inside and are tuned primarily for comfort.
Thanks for input. Looking for something new in $33,000 to $37,000 package range. Might come down to the Accord Hybrid versus the Camry LE Hybrid. I'm sure 2023 Accord will handle better then Camry, but not sure which of the two will be quieter. I believe Accord has an acoustic windshield to reduce noise. In 2022 both were rated as quiet cabins, though not when flooring car. Be interesting to see if Accord turbo makes more noise then the Camry hybrid motor.

· Registered
27 Posts
Make sure you test drive both. I really didn't care much for the Camry. The safety sense features were just clunky. Like the lane assist was jerky and it would brake if someone moved to the center lane to slow down and turn thinking they were hard braking in front of me. I preferred the ride in the XLE over the Touring but the Accord just felt smoother to drive all around. This was 2022 vs 2022 btw hopefully the 2023 is just as well done for the Accord.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure you test drive both. I really didn't care much for the Camry. The safety sense features were just clunky. Like the lane assist was jerky and it would brake if someone moved to the center lane to slow down and turn thinking they were hard braking in front of me. I preferred the ride in the XLE over the Touring but the Accord just felt smoother to drive all around. This was 2022 vs 2022 btw hopefully the 2023 is just as well done for the Accord.
I will test drive both since you can't always trust what's on the net. Going to auto show this week but Accord interior pictures look sharper than Camry. Especially dashboard wise. Seems Honda might have a better warranty than Toyota (3 year vs 2) but don't quote me on that. Camry looks like it will undercut Accord by $2000 or so, but I believe your paying for better technology with Accord. I'm not a hybrid motor expert so have no clue which hybrid motor is better. I think there both are good but for some reason Honda seems to change motors more often. To be honest it might come down to who ever offers closer to sticker price. Hopefully in that area both Honda and Toyota are on the same page and keeping dealer mark up to a minimum. But being so close together (package wise) sometimes you have to go with the lowest priced offer, if you're taking savings of three thousand plus.

· Registered
26 Posts
I will test drive both since you can't always trust what's on the net. Going to auto show this week but Accord interior pictures look sharper than Camry. Especially dashboard wise. Seems Honda might have a better warranty than Toyota (3 year vs 2) but don't quote me on that. Camry looks like it will undercut Accord by $2000 or so, but I believe your paying for better technology with Accord. I'm not a hybrid motor expert so have no clue which hybrid motor is better. I think there both are good but for some reason Honda seems to change motors more often. To be honest it might come down to who ever offers closer to sticker price. Hopefully in that area both Honda and Toyota are on the same page and keeping dealer mark up to a minimum. But being so close together (package wise) sometimes you have to go with the lowest priced offer, if you're taking savings of three thousand plus.
You should be able to find a dealer that does no market adjustments or mandatory accessories, in my city there are four doing that.

· Registered
40 Posts
So I read in Car & Driver that the new CRV Touring level has laminated windshield and dual pane side windows (in the front) ... has anybody seen any similar news about the new '23 Accord??
Like the original poster - I have had a handful of Honda's over the years and they have all been very loud at highway speeds. I think Honda is hearing the feedback and is starting to address this - just not sure if this is true with the new accord yet.

· Registered
40 Posts
You should be able to find a dealer that does no market adjustments or mandatory accessories, in my city there are four doing that.
With Tesla slashing prices - and the used car market seeing a major drop in prices - smart dealers will back away from price gouging.

Reactions: MrWasabi

· Registered
59 Posts
I understand tires can vary significantly regarding noise. You can get on Tire Rack and see how the stock tires are rated. Usually pretty poorly.

Attachments

· Registered
553 Posts
Thanks for input. Looking for something new in $33,000 to $37,000 package range. Might come down to the Accord Hybrid versus the Camry LE Hybrid.
If you are trying to choose between the 2023 Camry LE Hybrid vs the 2023 Accord Hybrid, I would go with the Camry LE Hybrid. Right now, it is a lot cheaper than any 2023 Accord Hybrid. It is truly a base model. It comes with 16 inch steelers, a 13.2 gas tank and better EPA numbers. It beats the Accord when it comes to gas savings and total drive out price by over $2,000.

When I was in the market in 2020 looking for a brand new 2020 Hybrid, my 2 choices were 2020 Accord base model vs 2020 Camry LE base model. To be honest, I bought the Accord only because I was paying over $2,000 cheaper than what Toyota wanted me to pay for the LE Hybrid.

I was going mainly for gas savings and I considered the Camry better with a 13.2 gallon tank vs 12.8 gallon tank of the Accord.

Camry LE Hybrid EPA 51 MPG city / 53 MPG highway / 52 MPG combined.
Accord Hybrid base EPA 48 MPG city / 47 MPG highway / 48 MPG combined.

If I were to buy a Hybrid today, I personally would buy the 2023 Camry LE. I just want maximum gas savings and it is cheaper than the 2023 Accord base model.

It also beats the Accord on the highway in mpg gas savings, beats it in mpg in the city and then you go longer between gas fill ups. That is all I am looking for and want in my own Hybrid.

· Registered
47 Posts
Maybe my reply won't seem comparable, but here's my 2¢: My Accord hybrid is a 2017 and is the touring model. It's quiet, and even though I'm audibly unaware of its effectiveness, my understanding is that the audio system works to counter cabin noise. I couldn't tell you if it works, but I can tell you my ride is nice and peaceful.

I was once given a base model 2018 as a loaner and I thought there was something wrong with the car. It was SO loud that I couldn't wait to get back in my car. Night & Day difference.

As far as wheels and tires - I have OEM wheels and when it was time to replace the Michelin Energy Savers, I put Bridgestone QuietTracks on there. I've put about 40,000 miles on those so far and my ride is still smooth and peaceful. I will buy those tires again and I'd also get another Accord Touring when it's time. Make sure you test drive a base and a touring as I'm sure you'll notice a big difference. And depending on where you live, I'd suggest driving as late in the day as possible so as to minimize outside noise as much as possible during the comparison.

Bottom line is that it matters which trim package you choose.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are trying to choose between the 2023 Camry LE Hybrid vs the 2023 Accord Hybrid, I would go with the Camry LE Hybrid. Right now, it is a lot cheaper than any 2023 Accord Hybrid. It is truly a base model. It comes with 16 inch steelers, a 13.2 gas tank and better EPA numbers. It beats the Accord when it comes to gas savings and total drive out price by over $2,000.

When I was in the market in 2020 looking for a brand new 2020 Hybrid, my 2 choices were 2020 Accord base model vs 2020 Camry LE base model. To be honest, I bought the Accord only because I was paying over $2,000 cheaper than what Toyota wanted me to pay for the LE Hybrid.

I was going mainly for gas savings and I considered the Camry better with a 13.2 gallon tank vs 12.8 gallon tank of the Accord.

Camry LE Hybrid EPA 51 MPG city / 53 MPG highway / 52 MPG combined.
Accord Hybrid base EPA 48 MPG city / 47 MPG highway / 48 MPG combined.

If I were to buy a Hybrid today, I personally would buy the 2023 Camry LE. I just want maximum gas savings and it is cheaper than the 2023 Accord base model.

It also beats the Accord on the highway in mpg gas savings, beats it in mpg in the city and then you go longer between gas fill ups. That is all I am looking for and want in my own Hybrid.
Well quiet cabin noise is a big factor for me. Also exterior/interior look of new car. Existing Camry is long in the tooth and I recently sat inside 2023 Camry Hybrid. Thought dashboard layout was a little off and over crowded. 2023 Honda interior looks sharper though I have not see up close. So PetitFrereAccord - what's your thoughts about a new Camry redesign and if it will happen late this year or early next? Current Camry has been around since 2018 and that's a long time with out major change.

· Registered
96 Posts
Well quiet cabin noise is a big factor for me. Also exterior/interior look of new car. Existing Camry is long in the tooth and I recently sat inside 2023 Camry Hybrid. Thought dashboard layout was a little off and over crowded. 2023 Honda interior looks sharper though I have not see up close. So PetitFrereAccord - what's your thoughts about a new Camry redesign and if it will happen late this year or early next? Current Camry has been around since 2018 and that's a long time with out major change.
Nothing official, but from what I've read the newly redesigned Camry is expected to be introduced later this year as a 2024 model.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts