Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who are making 270+ whp how much money did you invest to get to those numbers or close to them. And could you include what kind of mods do you have in your car to reach those numbers

·
HK Moderator
13,576 Posts
Hey you never thanked anyone or responded to your "best cold air intake" thread that members were kind enough to offer advice in....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Those of you who are making 270+ whp how much money did you invest to get to those numbers or close to them. And could you include what kind of mods do you have in your car to reach those numbers
Try reading through the performance section some more. But to answer your question; mine came with 270whp stock because its silver and everyone knows the silver model makes the most power.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,815 Posts
Didn't touch the engine, just service it per owners manual. I did mod the suspension for around $1,600 and it handles like a completely different (German) car, powering through sweepers flat, no body roll, no under or oversteer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't touch the engine, just service it per owners manual. I did mod the suspension for around $1,600 and it handles like a completely different (German) car, powering through sweepers flat, no body roll, no under or oversteer.
What kind of suspension mod did you do to your car?

·
HK Moderator
13,576 Posts
What kind of suspension mod did you do to your car?
Why don't you PM him? This thread is about making 270HP, not suspension stuff. I noticed you did not thank anyone here in this thread....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are we taking this thread seriously or not?

If so, to get 270fwhp from a 18+ 2.0L you'll need to spend about $2500 in parts, installation is additional if not installing yourself.

If we're mocking this post, then yeah, it all depends on the color of the car you have and whether or not you took advice from another thread you posted on. Lodi Dodi we like's to party we don't cause trouble, we don't bother noboby, we're just some ninja's who on the mic and when we rock up on the mic we rock the mike right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
500 dollars for hondata flash tuner with obd2 connectivity and 100 for install and dyno testing gave me over 270 whp. I also added a k and n intake after and Borla exhaust thing flys now. Couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The stock advertised number of 252 bhp is probably on 87 octane. Ktuner tested on 93 octane. Maybe that accounts for the difference.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The stock advertised number of 252 bhp is probably on 87 octane. Ktuner tested on 93 octane. Maybe that accounts for the difference.
Also consider this is measured at the wheels. Drivetrain loss means the car should pull about 227 WHP stock. Ktuner is saying 27 WHP peak to peak which should be ~254 WHP factor in Premium as making 21 hp???

I'm betting it makes more than it's rated stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I had the ECU reflashed with Hondata stage 1 and a dropin K&N filter... about 400 bucks

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Does the V6 not readily produce more than that from factory? Oh wait, sorry this is posted under 10th gen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Factory numbers are measured at the flywheel, these numbers are measured at the wheels, big difference. V6 was rated at 268 or 278 and was lucky to put down 230 at the wheels.
Not true at all. The 9th Feb V6 regardless of auto or manual was laying down from the factory, 245-255whp. It was underrated from the factory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts