Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a `13 4/6M EX (Steel Metallic) and want to debadge and pull the striping along the sides for aesthetics. Is it too late?

The car was manufactured in March of 2013. I peeled off a tiny bit of the striping on one side and it looks like I should be good; but what're the chances of discoloration? I don't want to pull everything off and be left with an "Accord" shadow and two stripes down each side of the car from where the paint may be a different depth or unaffected from sun exposure.

·
'15 6-6
565 Posts
I recently bought a `13 4/6M EX (Steel Metallic) and want to debadge and pull the striping along the sides for aesthetics. Is it too late?

The car was manufactured in March of 2013. I peeled off a tiny bit of the striping on one side and it looks like I should be good; but what're the chances of discoloration? I don't want to pull everything off and be left with an "Accord" shadow and two stripes down each side of the car from where the paint may be a different depth or unaffected from sun exposure.
I would think as long as you polish the entire car any discoloration should no longer be noticeable.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
^^^agree. Clean and polish should take care of it. How well have you been taking care of your car? What's underneath the adhesive of the badging will be pretty well protected and new. It's how well you take care of the adjacent parts of the car that will determine discoloration.

·
HK Moderator
14,061 Posts
...or unaffected from sun exposure.
I would think as long as you polish the entire car any discoloration should no longer be noticeable.
Would be very helpful to the forum if you two listed your location in your user CP- like I have right underneath my username. That way, the original question could be answered more effectively and it could make other members consider and weigh the effects of sun exposure strength when they view this thread 2 or 6 years from now....:)

Sun exposure will surely be different if we are talking about Phoenix, AZ vs. Barrow, AK....

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
since the car is only 2/3 yrs old i doubt there would be any sun discoloration unless you live in arizona or florida

like others said take it off and clean and polish the car

i took a few months to take mine off and when i did the glue from the badges were dirty...

i got some meguirs (however you spell it) and it cleans right up.....

·
HK Moderator
14,061 Posts
since the car is only 2/3 yrs old i doubt there would be any sun discoloration unless you live in arizona or florida

like others said take it off and clean and polish the car

i took a few months to take mine off and when i did the glue from the badges were dirty...

i got some meguirs (however you spell it) and it cleans right up.....
Texas, San Diego, etc....

Also don't know what color the car is. Sun exposure can affect paint colors differently. Remember the red Nissan's of the 1990s? In Texas, they turned pink after 5 years. In Chicago, it took ten.

And we have many members and hundreds of lurkers from all over the world.

Again, it would have been helpful...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Texas, San Diego, etc....

Also don't know what color the car is. Sun exposure can affect paint colors differently. Remember the red Nissan's of the 1990s? In Texas, they turned pink after 5 years. In Chicago, it took ten.

And we have many members and hundreds of lurkers from all over the world.

Again, it would have been helpful...
Op said color was steel metallic..I waited two years and you couldn't tell even without polishing it. That said my car is white and I would think it would be one of the colors that it would be less obvious on.

·
Registered
697 Posts
It's never too late. Regardless of location IMO. Enough elbow grease and the correct product can correct any discoloration on any vehicle.

For your particular circumstance, you will be fine .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts