Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find those annoying because all those ppl be dissing the Accord by saying it doesn't have the great the suspension or HP, etc... as the BMW that they use to drive. Urgh! it's an Accord not a luxury brand car, there shouldn't be any comparison in the first place.

I'm not defending the Honda brand or anything, but shouldn't you know what you buy? It's just ridiculous on how many threads be created with people stating that they're moving down and start the comparison like the Accord model is on equal ground with a luxury sporty brand-BMW/MB.

If you love your luxury car so much and was able to afford it before then why not stick to it if you got the $$$ for it.

Just saying, too many threads created talking about it.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Create a thread on a topic to complain about the number of threads on the topic? :scratch:

lol, only joking...

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Headed to the BMW dealer just to spite you...
you won't

BTW, I take it as a complement that my $20k car gets compared to a luxury brand

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
I find those annoying because all those ppl be dissing the Accord by saying it doesn't have the great the suspension or HP, etc... as the BMW that they use to drive. Urgh! it's an Accord not a luxury brand car, there shouldn't be any comparison in the first place.

I'm not defending the Honda brand or anything, but shouldn't you know what you buy? It's just ridiculous on how many threads be created with people stating that they're moving down and start the comparison like the Accord model is on equal ground with a luxury sporty brand-BMW/MB.

If you love your luxury car so much and was able to afford it before then why not stick to it if you got the $$$ for it.

Why would you care that someone, in your own words, disses Accord? Are you that insecure in your purchase that you care what other people think? It's just a Honda you know, nothing special (not that any car is really special).

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not insecure man, I purchase the accord as a grinder car to and from work. It's not build for luxury like how those threads open up talking about I used to drive this BMW and that muscle car and they all start stating that the Accord doesn't have this or that vs their muscle car or luxury car.

The content of this thread is to stated that you can't go on comparing diamond vs silver. It's not on the same playing field.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Why would you care that someone, in your own words, disses Accord? Are you that insecure in your purchase that you care what other people think? It's just a Honda you know, nothing special (not that any car is really special).

I think your '12 Porsche 911 is very special

·
Registered
107 Posts

i would never by a BMW period. Honda for life or Acura.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
Markus, Did you delete your signature or did it auto-disappear again?
It keeps auto disappearing. Don't know why.

I think your '12 Porsche 911 is very special
Thanks. I like it but, truly, it's just a car. Great to drive on the track but a bear on bumpy roads - a true kidney basher.

not insecure man, I purchase the accord as a grinder car to and from work. It's not build for luxury like how those threads open up talking about I used to drive this BMW and that muscle car and they all start stating that the Accord doesn't have this or that vs their muscle car or luxury car.

The content of this thread is to stated that you can't go on comparing diamond vs silver. It's not on the same playing field.
So let people compare. Who cares if the comparison vehicles are not in the same class. As long as you like your Accord and are secure in your purchase I can't see why you'd care about the comparisons.

·
Registered
336 Posts

I disagree. The Accord has been brought quite a bit up-market, in my opinion; it even trades blows with its Acura siblings, on the other side of the family. From time to time, these comparisons help put into perspective what you can get for the money, and shows just how far the Honda brand has come (where it has caught up in some respects, and surpassed in others).

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
:scratch: You know you do have a choice as to which threads to read and which ones to skip, right? :dunno:

·
Registered
107 Posts
:scratch: You know you do have a choice as to which threads to read and which ones to skip, right? :dunno:
but why clutter an amazing forum about the accord with crap about other cars.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
So let people compare. Who cares if the comparison vehicles are not in the same class. As long as you like your Accord and are secure in your purchase I can't see why you'd care about the comparisons.
Markus - as your weekend project I'd like you to take 2 mins to figure out how to use the MULTI-QUOTE feature on this board. I know I mentioned it in the past and you said "yeah I can't figure out how to work it". Just sayin.......:)

DO YOU EVEN READ THE THREADS?

I actually don't see many threads started where people are dissing the Accord vs a BMW. Most of the time it is someone saying the Accord is JUST AS GOOD AS A BMW for a lower price.

Maybe you are reading the threads on 4 cyl vs V6 where for some reason many of the 4 cyl people keep acting like the V6 is some super-expensive car and therefore they say "well jeez if you're gonna spend THAT kind of money you might as well go buy a BMW (hardy harr harrrr)" Except they don't seem to realize that a V6 costs $27K and a BMW costs north of $40K. But the facts don't seem to stand in their way.....

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
It's not the car, but the driver.

I used to eat/destroy/humiliate BMW owners with my 1992 Civic EX at autocross events. Show me a trained driver and he will bring out the potential (minimizing the weakness while pushing the strengths) of the Accord.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,161 Posts
Too many threads like- "going from BMW/MB/Lexus to Accord." I find those annoying...

It's just ridiculous on how many threads be created...

I completely agree with you. It's annoying.

Want to know what's more annoying? All those HID/LED threads that people keep creating. It's just ridiculous on how many threads be created....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts