Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Too many threads like- "going from BMW/MB/Lexus to Accord"...

5K views 44 replies 29 participants last post by  Aviography 
#1 ·
I find those annoying because all those ppl be dissing the Accord by saying it doesn't have the great the suspension or HP, etc... as the BMW that they use to drive. Urgh! it's an Accord not a luxury brand car, there shouldn't be any comparison in the first place.

I'm not defending the Honda brand or anything, but shouldn't you know what you buy? It's just ridiculous on how many threads be created with people stating that they're moving down and start the comparison like the Accord model is on equal ground with a luxury sporty brand-BMW/MB.

If you love your luxury car so much and was able to afford it before then why not stick to it if you got the $$$ for it.

Just saying, too many threads created talking about it.

#2 ·
Create a thread on a topic to complain about the number of threads on the topic? :scratch:

lol, only joking...

#4 ·
you won't

BTW, I take it as a complement that my $20k car gets compared to a luxury brand

#8 ·
Why would you care that someone, in your own words, disses Accord? Are you that insecure in your purchase that you care what other people think? It's just a Honda you know, nothing special (not that any car is really special).

#11 ·
I think your '12 Porsche 911 is very special

#13 ·
It keeps auto disappearing. Don't know why.

I think your '12 Porsche 911 is very special
Thanks. I like it but, truly, it's just a car. Great to drive on the track but a bear on bumpy roads - a true kidney basher.

not insecure man, I purchase the accord as a grinder car to and from work. It's not build for luxury like how those threads open up talking about I used to drive this BMW and that muscle car and they all start stating that the Accord doesn't have this or that vs their muscle car or luxury car.

The content of this thread is to stated that you can't go on comparing diamond vs silver. It's not on the same playing field.
So let people compare. Who cares if the comparison vehicles are not in the same class. As long as you like your Accord and are secure in your purchase I can't see why you'd care about the comparisons.

#10 ·
not insecure man, I purchase the accord as a grinder car to and from work. It's not build for luxury like how those threads open up talking about I used to drive this BMW and that muscle car and they all start stating that the Accord doesn't have this or that vs their muscle car or luxury car.

The content of this thread is to stated that you can't go on comparing diamond vs silver. It's not on the same playing field.

This post has been deleted
#19 ·
It's not the car, but the driver.

I used to eat/destroy/humiliate BMW owners with my 1992 Civic EX at autocross events. Show me a trained driver and he will bring out the potential (minimizing the weakness while pushing the strengths) of the Accord.

#20 ·
Too many threads like- "going from BMW/MB/Lexus to Accord." I find those annoying...

It's just ridiculous on how many threads be created...

Just saying, too many threads created talking about it.
I completely agree with you. It's annoying.

Want to know what's more annoying? All those HID/LED threads that people keep creating. It's just ridiculous on how many threads be created....

Attachments

#23 ·
Truth! On the 7th Gen forum the Mods have been doing a pretty good job of combining/merging these types of threads.

I have seen this "cleaning up" on the 9th Gen forum from time to time, especially on those detailing threads- "Hey, what do you guys use to clean_____?" Every responder used to link "glen e" posts as a reply, now they just get merged.

#25 ·
I'm not defending the Honda brand or anything, but shouldn't you know what you buy? It's just ridiculous on how many threads be created with people stating that they're moving down and start the comparison like the Accord model is on equal ground with a luxury sporty brand-BMW/MB.
I suspect they are just trying to convince themselves they got just as good a car for far less money...NOT! But hey, let em dream away! :lmao:

#30 ·
Man no kidding! He be like, they be dissin....come on really. Can we not even type correctly anymore? For god sakes can't you type are? I'm sorry but typing in slang just makes anything you say seem very uneducated. I don't even understand speaking this way, let alone writing it. Thank you oily, you got me started and fired up!

#32 ·
Aaaand, he went back to his corner. Please, stay there.

#33 ·
You know what else is annoying? When the light bulb in your refrigerator goes out, or, everyone, everyone is annoying. I am annoying, you are all annoying and that is just, well, annoying. So annoyed.

#34 ·
#35 ·
"Forum - An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages." While I understand that some repetitive threads can be a little annoying, the whole point of a forum is to discuss things related to a specific topic, which includes comparing to other cars. And yes, there are many lighting threads, but lighting is probably one of the more common and cheaper mods the Accord is capable of, so of course there will most likely be many threads about it. I mean it's pretty simple, if you don't want to read a thread, don't click on it. This is more general and not aimed specifically at the OP. But just my 2 cents. :) The forum is here for people to discuss what they want in regards to their cars, so hey, everyone's got their own way of contributing to the forum.

#38 ·
As for the other Gen forums here on Drive Accord I can say there is an arc, or time frame of what is discussed and how things are codified.

Much of the 7th Gen now is maintenance and problem solving. Eventually, the 9th Gen forum will "settle down" and clear itself up in this manner.

My worry is that Drive Accord could wind up like some other car forums (and some Accord forums) that are basically failed or barely clinging to life. The "culture" here is VERY good, and a huge part of that is because the Mods keep it that way. So I don't worry too much- but I have to do my part and keep a look out.

e.g. On the 7th Gen forums we have younger owners who may have just bought their Accord. When they use "text speak" other members jump in and ask the poster to clarify using the English language. We also don't become enablers. We will actually post a previous thread as our "response". It works, but we have to be vigilant.

#41 ·
The overall attitude on this board is very good compaired to most other forums. I think that its a combination of the mindset of most accord owners and the way the mods handle things. I think the mods do a great job for the most part here, but again its the lack of organization of all the info posted that creates the BS on this site. Once that problem is fixed I'm sure you will maintain more users and and continue to grow.
Yes! Everything about this!

The stickied lighting thread is the primary example of disorganization. If your sticky is longer than one post, either you need to format it better, or you have too much content and need to break it up into smaller stickies. The 200+ pages in that one thread is a catastrophe, and quite frankly, it's an embarrassing display of etiquette to anyone who is new to the forum. It just shows that anything goes around here and you need to fend for yourself if you want any sort of information - hence why there are tons of newly created lighting threads everyday.
Agreed!

#40 ·
What do you expect?

Economy's in shambles, people don't get raises, can't afford BMWs, lexuses, anymore

They keep their cars longer, need something more reliable, more fuel efficient, they go get accords. What did you expect man?

When the economy tanks, do you really think people are going to go get BMWS, mbs, lexuses etc?

Hell no, first thing to go is that huge V8 gas sipping SUV they had and trade it in for an accord and tighten their buckles.

The rich are getting richer, and everyone else in between are getting screwed, but this is more political than that. The fact that you see more people getting accords either shows A) it's a really nice car meant for the masses or B) people are broke. I say, it's a good combination of the two.

#45 ·
I have a different perspective of Stickies, they are there such that hopefully the new(er) members will actually see these Stickied threads BEFORE they post yet another lighting, or tire, or wax thread, but rather participate in the existing threads already asked and answered by many before them who have also had same questions, what a shocking concept, isn't it?! :)

Part of the underlying problem IS the loss of web forum etiquette, likely due to what I can only think of is the entitlement mindset to soon just ask a question which is likely covered before, rather than spend some of their own time searching for it first, as if their time is more valuable than other people's, so they feel justified wasting other people's time without much, or if any consideration.

Moderators are not editors, it's an unpaid "job", and we are not editors such as in a magazine or newspaper to spend hours on end policing how all the threads should be responded or which thread should be deleted. We address certain issues, take out the trash, but for the most part allow the people participating in the forum speak their minds and do their things provided they are being polite and not being an @$$ about it.

There used to be a lot "Search!!" or "RTFM" responses to threads such as "What headlight bulb is on my Accord?", or "What is this Maintenance Required light?", or "What's the best tires for my Accord?", some of those threads or responses have not been as prevalent, perhaps some people have finally learnt to use the Search function after all.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.