Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have reached your top speed limiter *on (CLOSED COURSE)

Have reached (CLOSED COURSE)

Haven't reached (CLOSED COURSE)

if so mention the speed. (CLOSED COURSE)

Do not lock this thread it is pertaining to (CLOSED COURSE) top speed only and is perfectly legal in all respects.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I did, and it was 125-126mph. The car definitely had room to go more.

2013 Sport CVT.

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did, and it was 125-126mph. The car definitely had room to go more.

2013 Sport CVT.
Yeah I have heard some do 135 so I was just wondering. My V6 coupe did 125 in fifth gear it had much more I would estimate it to be about realistically 170 without a limiter. :naughty:

·
Tampa FL
374 Posts
do we know if there is any way to remove the limiter?

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
170 is screaming. Maybe down hill with a tail wind lol
Well the stock tires can't handle it but mine was really stable at 125. Although the 170 is a guess it defiantly will go faster than 150 , 170 doesn't seem that high to me for an almost 300hp car weighs 3400pds 170 doesn't seem too out of the question...:dunno:

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Fuel cutout (limiter) happens at 127 mph on the I4. I think it's 135 mph on the V6. The I4 OEM tires are rated to speeds higher than the limiter (I know they're H-rated and that H-rating is > 127 mph)

Fun fact: cruise control works all the way up to the limiter.

I wonder if disconnecting the wheel speed sensor would matter (does the Accord even have one or does it use the tranny + gearing to know the speed?)

·
Banned
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fuel cutout (limiter) happens at 127 mph on the I4. I think it's 135 mph on the V6. The I4 OEM tires are rated to speeds higher than the limiter (I know they're H-rated and that H-rating is > 127 mph)

I wonder if disconnecting the wheel speed sensor would matter (does the Accord even have one or does it use the tranny + gearing to know the speed?)
No my V6 tops out at 125..

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
You'd have to use your phone (the GPS bit) to tell your actual speed. It's probably that at those speeds Honda wasn't particularly concerned about speedometer accuracy. With the 8G I4, the speedometer seems to be accurate though from 0 - 127. Also make sure your tire pressures are at the spec.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
The limiter can be removed when there is aftermarket support for the ecu. With the 8th gen civic, the rev limiter was removed using flashpro by hondata.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
So is a reflash possible at this point? :dunno:
Nope

Barely any support on J-series engines as is
It'll be a while till the 9th gens get any sort of tune or reflash.
I'm pretty sure a piggyback wont remove the limiter, but it's still the only chance at tuning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
916 Posts

I think most I4's have V rated tires. Only the LX gas H- rated.

The Goodyears on my EX are V rated and the Primacy's are as well. Part of the reason for for dislike of the Goodyears is people were reading reviews on the H rated version.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,609 Posts
Yeah that confuses me mine is at 125... This thread shouldn't be locked because it's a (CLOSED COURSE) TOP SPEED post nothing illegal here
What course could you reach the top speed of the Accord on? Very few, if any, before the next corner comes up. So let's stop playing the "closed course" game and call it what it really is - top speed on the open road.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What course could you reach the top speed of the Accord on? Very few, if any, before the next corner comes up. So let's stop playing the "closed course" game and call it what it really is - top speed on the open road.
You could easily do it on a long run way or a dyno

The 6MT has always had a ~10MPH higher speed limiter.
My I4 6mt tops out at 125 just like the cvt, It might be a V6 thing though

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.