Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 2010 Honda Accord EX
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a torque converter have a break-in period, like the rest of the engine?

I noticed a few thousand miles ago my car started feeling off, running rougher, etc. when at approx. 1,500 RPM and driving around 40-45 MPH. The local Honda dealership agreed and Honda just replaced my torque converter under warranty (original 5 years/60k miles). I drove it home an hour ago and noticed the car feels like it is both idling harder, as well as driving a little rougher, throughout much of the power and speed range.

The Honda dealership drove it after the repair and said it's ready to go, but obviously I had not driven it yet to notice and ask about the change of "feel".

BTW, I expected the dealership to give me grief about all of my mods and the guys could not have cared less, which I consider good since I was concerned that would bark about me voiding my warranty or some such.

Scott C.

· Registered
3,125 Posts
I don't know, if the disconnected battery then ECU learning has to go through its pace .
Give it a day or two ,see if it improves .

Edit: only thing that comes to mind as you had convertor changes is if you had bad motor mount or one going out and the work helped it along, but that is one thing should be checked doing the job .

· 2010 Honda Accord EX
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know, if the disconnected battery then ECU learning has to go through its pace .
Give it a day or two ,see if it improves .

Edit: only thing that comes to mind as you had convertor changes is if you had bad motor mount or one going out and the work helped it along, but that is one thing should be checked doing the job .
The dealership did not mention anything related to the engine mounts, but did say they naturally replaced the four quarts of transmission fluid and did a front-wheel alignment because of the work and what they needed to touch.

Scott C.

Reactions: 16AccordV6
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.