Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if any of the readings available with Torque Pro might indicate when VCM switches back and forth. I realize there's no specific choice for that, but wonder if something else might echo the situation.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I can not answer that question for you.

However I have the app and the ODBII and think is is something not discussed on the forum enough.

I know we are leaving a lot on the table by those of us that have them and under utilize them in getting information.

I do know that when I say my car is cold heated the ODBII proofs that out showing temp. However I am not sure if it has anything to do with my RV6 Down Pipe or is the nature of the I4 itself?

I really would like to see more information utilizing this tool or people with a better understanding of it to show us some things that are meaningful to performance and optimal operating parameters.

So I am willing and have logged a few things but temp was what stood out to me but I know very little about the app and the OBDII.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the app as well, never checked for that. However, I can feel when it goes on and off, so I really do not need the app to tell me. Besides feeling it, I can also see it on the instant fuel economy meter. That goes up and down in conjunction with the VCM kicking on and off that I feel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may have felt it too one time, not sure. I just wanted a more positive indication to see if I feel it again when it happens. Plus I never seem to be looking at the MPG meter when it's likely switching. Does it change enough to really see it kick in?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
I have Torque Pro and no it won't tell you if a cylinder is deactivated. You could probably tell though by looking at real-time MPG or fuel trim on one of the cylinders that gets disabled.

·
Elvira
3,438 Posts
I may have felt it too one time, not sure. I just wanted a more positive indication to see if I feel it again when it happens. Plus I never seem to be looking at the MPG meter when it's likely switching. Does it change enough to really see it kick in?
If you are driving smoothly and at a steady pace the MPG usually jumps up to at least 45 mpg on the bar graph.:thmsup:

you'll know it.

Miker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts