Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since summer is around the corner, I was looking to lower my accord. I decided to go with springs instead of coils since I was only looking for a slight drop and not too worried about the factory shocks blowing out too soon with that minimal of a drop. So after shopping around, realized that things add up pretty quick:

H&R OE Sport Lowering Springs or Eibach Prokit (still deciding which ones) = around $230

Installation = around $250

Rear chamber kit (is this absolutely necessary for these springs with minimal drop?) = around $100?

Wheel Alignment = around $80

15mm rear spacers + 5mm front spacers = around $100

Total comes out to around $760. Am i missing anything and do the prices sound about right?

I know I would save alot by installing it myself, but thats just something I am not comfortable doing so I rather pay the extra to have someone who knows what they are doing do it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Everything looks about right. With a minimal drop u will not need a camber kit the alignment should take care of that. So u can save $100
If u can find a buddy to help u do the install u could save more. My buddy charged me $100 to do my coils
Good luck hope this help a little

·
Registered
509 Posts
honestly, if you have an extra set of hands and a spare day, it's not that hard to do...just time consuming.

you don't NEED spacers or a camber kit but everything else looks about right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ya all that you really need from that list are the springs. And the alignment.
Spring installs aren't too bad, you can do it in no time, even without too much mechanical ability.
The spacers would push the wheel out so it would be more flush to the fender but that's really it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You're getting out cheaper than I did. I paid 658 for spring install, alignment, 1 arm camber kit install. That is not including the cost of the Eibach springs for 240, camber kit, 150, and spacers 80... love the result but I didn't know what I was getting myself in to..

·
Registered
24 Posts
You're getting out cheaper than I did. I paid 658 for spring install, alignment, 1 arm camber kit install. That is not including the cost of the Eibach springs for 240, camber kit, 150, and spacers 80... love the result but I didn't know what I was getting myself in to..
Wow it seems like you might have way overpaid for labor. Springs are normally quoted out at 2.5-3hours and the camber arm at like 1hour. Along with the usual price of an alignment $80-$100 you shouldn't have paid more than $380 for the labor, that's if its a more expensive shop that charges $70/hr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts