Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
hate to see a car written off as a loss... love to see a car do its job and shield the occupants, though... hope you and yours are ok...

I know people are still a little dodgy about the 10th gen, but the safety features are worth it... frankly, they're tanks imho, ultra high strength steel is pervasive through the 10th gen body structure... something to consider on your next purchase... I put my daughter in a 2017 Fit for similar reasons, UHSS everywhere it's solid as a rock

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
What you should do next comes down to your budget. I assume you will not have enough money to pay cash for your next vehicle (which would be the best thing to do). What ever your budget per month is multiple that by 36 and see how much car you can get. Getting a used car with a maximum of 36-42 months would be the best thing to do financially. Hopefully you can get financing for 3.9% and try to drive with no car payment for a few years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There was your mistake....
Yes and no. Had I been positioned a few lengths further up, I may have been thrown directly into that oncoming car with no time to regain control.

... it wouldn’t have prevented the other driver from colliding, but perhaps OP could have turned into the lot sooner...
There was no break in oncoming traffic that felt long enough to turn. The video starts as I am coming to a stop. Yes, there were gaps when, given enough of a head start, I probably could've made the turn, but I am not eager to rush across like that when my son is in the car. I paid the price for being cautious.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes and no. Had I been positioned a few lengths further up, I may have been thrown directly into that oncoming car with no time to regain control.

There was no break in oncoming traffic that felt long enough to turn. The video starts as I am coming to a stop. Yes, there were gaps when, given enough of a head start, I probably could've made the turn, but I am not eager to rush across like that when my son is in the car. I paid the price for being cautious.
Only hindsight can tell you what you should have done differently. You didn't have hindsight at that time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I predict you will see more cars totaled in coming years as all the tech added and engineering designed to safeguard occupants comes at a cost. Adjusters are totaling more and more cars as cost has gone through roof on replacement parts with all the new tech and with the bodies designed to absorb all that impact has an effect on justification/cost to repair.

Good luck in your decision and your fight for payout.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know exactly where that accident was as I live in that town. Like the OP said, there is plenty of room for drivers to pass safely(assuming that they're paying attention). All that I could add is that I would avoid the Honda dealer up the street as I do not trust them. I have bought 5 Honda's over the years and have only gotten 1 from them. You might want to try truecar or cargurus online. They have an extensive listing of vehicles that you can search for.

Good luck with your car search.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm sorry this happened! I assume from the earlier posts that the offending driver was distracted with her cell phone. I tried to watch the video but the message in the box says it was taken down. I wish you luck in finding a new car that is safe but won't break the bank.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts