Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totaled my 2013 EX-L V6 w/ Nav just over a week ago. Got caught in a 4 vehicle chain collision. F-350 Super Duty -> F-150 -> Me -> Police SUV. Truck never checked up, hit us at about 30-40 mph. Damage doesn't look too bad, just expensive to repair. Airbag deployed too. I do know the total structural damage is a lot worse, as my sunroof didn't open close quite right, nor even my sunglasss holder.

Now to decide on a new 2014 Accord, or something different with 4 doors and RWD. Open to suggestions.

Before:

After:

F-150:

Initiating Super Duty:

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Sorry to hear but glad that you are OK. If my accord were totaled I would probably get an EX-L V6. I really miss my heated seats but can't do the CVT...

Jay

·
Registered
177 Posts
Damn! Check out the new Mercedes CLA 250. A bit more money than the accord but so nice.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Glad that you are ok. They build cars daily but there is only one you. Why not just replace the car with another one just like it? The 2014 is the same vehicle. If you liked the car before the accident then what would change your mind.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Not often you get to hit a police SUV and get away with it!

There is a good chance your car will be total loss with the rear damage and airbags deployment.

Is the bearded guy with ball cap the initiating driver of the initiating Super Duty?

Unless you had something else in mind already, I'd stay with the Accord, after all you bought it after thinking what else to buy.

·
loving the V6 growl :D
444 Posts
same price point? i guess the Accord is hard to beat.. did you check the Vw passat? i still like their design...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Consider you walked away from a significant accident without loss of life or limb, why would you consider replacing your Accord with anything else?

·
Elvira
3,436 Posts
As was stated by others earlier, the Accord did what it was designed to do in a crash.

Save you from serious injury and it worked. And very well.

Good to see no major harm to you, so I would reiterate ...

Get a 2014 Accord. Unfortunately or fortunately you already know first hand how safe they are.

Also seems like a FCW on the moron's F350 would have possibly avoided this too.

Miker

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
"where's a cop when you need one"

"oh wait..."

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
a lot of members here lately getting into accidents. And all of them been safe in the accord when it happenned.

I also was involved in one in my new accord and they declared my car totalled. Yours look way worse then mine, def totalled. I also decided to go back into the same accord after my accident. If they kept you and others safe, probably wouldn't be to bad of a idea to get into another one. Good luck on ya search, and I'm glad everyone in the car ok.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Awfully sorry to hear and glad you're ok...thats the main thing, cars can always be replaced, body parts and loss of life not so much. If you have complaints about your Accord, now is the time to test the waters if you so choose. Personally, I think the Accord is a great value car as I've mentioned before, and I really enjoy the performance of the V6. Good luck in your decision..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn! Check out the new Mercedes CLA 250. A bit more money than the accord but so nice.
I've looked around a bit at the CLA, but don't think I care for MB's rendition of the 4-door coupe. If I look at MB, it'll be a C350 (at a much higher price point).

Glad that you are ok. They build cars daily but there is only one you. Why not just replace the car with another one just like it? The 2014 is the same vehicle. If you liked the car before the accident then what would change your mind.
I replaced my G37 with the Accord because I needed the extra doors/space. However, I really miss the G. At the time, some other cars were not out, notably the Q50, new CTS, and IS350 F-Sport. Overall, the Accord is my most likely option due to the value. It's really hard to beat, and it should be relatively problem free for years. My disappointments are around FWD and audio system (and stock wheels, no xenon headlights), and having a timing belt isn't exactly the greatest thing. DI and LSD would also be nice additions.

Not often you get to hit a police SUV and get away with it!

There is a good chance your car will be total loss with the rear damage and airbags deployment.

Is the bearded guy with ball cap the initiating driver of the initiating Super Duty?

Unless you had something else in mind already, I'd stay with the Accord, after all you bought it after thinking what else to buy.
I had other things in mind when I bought the Accord, but settled on it. I'm happy with it, will likely go back with a new one. However, something a little nicer and RWD would be nice. I just have to consider the value of those luxuries.

And yes, the older gentleman with the beard was driving the Super Duty.

same price point? i guess the Accord is hard to beat.. did you check the Vw passat? i still like their design...
I think Accord is best at that price point. I'd be looking at a higher one. I do think Accord is a great value.
"where's a cop when you need one"

"oh wait..."
Amazing how much quicker police arrived when they were involved. In rush hour traffic, less than 10 minutes had 3 cops from two different divisions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Considering you got sandwiched by two full framed trucks the car didn't do to bad actually and you walked away unharmed,that would make up my mind right away.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good to see you're okay. I've been in a similar situation with being sandwiched by a pick up. I don't know what it is with pick up truck drivers, but some of them drive way too fast and follow way too close only to realize their truck won't stop as fast as the car in front of them.

I don't think you want that car back after that accident! Get a 2014 Accord!

·
Nismo GTR
155 Posts
First of all glad that your ok but if I was you I get something different, To many people are getting the Accord sedan with the same price point you can get a Mercedes CLA or Mazda 6 but if you still want other Accord go for a Coupe I don't see to many of those on the road

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd go back to the same dealership and purchase the V6 Touring at the price you got your Ex-L for haha. Being a returning customer is always a plus...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'd go back to the same dealership and purchase the V6 Touring at the price you got your Ex-L for haha. Being a returning customer is always a plus...
This! :yes: That'll get you the LED headlights (which I enjoy the more I use them with the time change)! All of the benefits of xenons with none of the bad stuff (color shifts, glare). In nine months of ownership, I have yet to have one driver flash me for using "brights!" And the cutoff at the top is nice and crisp! Only disappointment is the color difference in the halogen fog lights.

Of course..the other Touring option--Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) for! The! Win!! :banana: :thmsup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts