Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
02-SE
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was yet another victim of the red light runners. I was crossing a 6 lane intersection and by the time i was at about the 5th lane, this Volvo was going so fast that he wound up in front of my car for me to t-bone him. He was at least 5-8 seconds past the red light. So he got everything put on him. But it was my first car and i had everything running perfect on it and then this... Depressing, but not the end of the world, if i was a little bit further forward it would have hit the passenger side and my friend would have been in the hospital with serious injuries. So all is well. Waiting for an insurance check to go look for another car... And i put a picture of it before all this happened after detailing one day.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
ouch mang.... that really blows.... :(

at least you and ur buddy made it out alright

·
Connecticut Basketball
17 Posts
awm man Im sorry about that. Accidents scare the crap out of me and I'm glad everyone is okay. Have another car in mind?

·
Car ---------------- Curb
1,485 Posts
Wow. That is some serious damage. Thank GOD you and your passenger are OK.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The damage looks really bad. I'm glad you're okay, that's all that matters. If you dont mind me asking, what car are you thinking about next?

·
Registered
61 Posts
good thing ur ok. man that bites!!!!

·
port & polish everything
1,558 Posts
cars come and go..but your health sometimes cannot be recovered

·
Coldspeed
696 Posts
1. If this is an April Fools joke then that's mean, ha.

2. If this is real- Dang man! That sucks a lot... Seriously though, you guys could've so easily gotten creamed by that Volvo if you were a second faster across that intersection, gah, good thing you guys're okay, and that it all got pinned on that person.

How'd they end up?

·
02-SE
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i don't know what car will be next. I am considering another Honda since i liked this one so much... But i won't find one in the condition mine was in, i mean i kept it like brand new all the time. And the Volvo driver came out fine. He was actually the brother of a kid i go to school with. I had seen his brother driving the car to school and you kind of recognize it after you hit it dead on.... But all is well. i will let you guys know what the insurance company has to say.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I've seen stories on tv about this crap. I'm sorry for your lose but i'm glad YOU were blessed to still be here. 4th gens are nice. Maybe youll find a 97 EX-L V-6 ;).

·
02-SE
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know, i loved the car, i want another one in a v6 for sure, but to find one is amazing condition is hard. My grandma is going to let me drive her 98 accord ex for a little till the insurance kicks it into gear and writes me a BIG check. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
My condolences, '96 was a good year. As others have written, your good health is most important.

If you go with another Accord, I'm sure you'll find one you like. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Quote 96accordcoupe:
“Totaled … Depressing, but not the end of the world”
At least there were no serious injuries and your attitude is very good, time to move on, hope you find a great car, Regards

Ricjard

·
02-SE
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well 4,525 was the final settling offer. So im taking it and now to start the looking for another car. Looking at many many accords, some Toyota Camry's too.

·
V6 Slingshot Engaged!!
370 Posts
Yikes that is really unfortunate. Have fun looking for another car, maybe a 6th gen coupe?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Yikes that is really unfortunate. Have fun looking for another car, maybe a 6th gen coupe?
Omg a 6th gen v6 ex-l in good condition. I looked for a White one in my area hard b4 i got my 8th gen. I'm in LOVE with the NSX style brake lights...lol. Post links of what you've found so far out there if interested in any feedback b4 you buy. In the end though, it's your decision.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts