Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after having to drive my Accord with the adaptive cruise control lighting up my dash light a Christmas tree with warnings half the time I'm driving it for the past 6 months (not exaggerating), I just took it into the dealer. the response I got "yes, the technician test drove it and saw the error and the computer told him it was obstructed so he cleaned the lenses". I of course responded "duh, I do that all the time". the response "sorry". My arguments that this would not fix the issue went nowhere. What was funny is that it popped on as usual right before I showed up to the dealer, I drove into their garage and pointed at it.. "There the issue". So I guess my plan is to go pick it up, drive around the block a few times and then drive it back in with the error up and say "there, the issue still exists".

Now I have to also say that I posted about this here to get info a few months back an I was hit with the usual "take it to your dealer duh" response (with extreme sarcasm). This is exactly what this community is for, questioning fellow owners about issues and get informed about them *before* you take it to a dealer who does these kinds of things.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
What is funny about the ACC is that the part been discontinued within the first year of release. (at least the last time I checked the schematic for the part number)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I went to pick up the car and my "service manager" was conveniently on the phone and directed me to a 3rd person. So of course, there was no further discussion. I got in the car and drove it home and unfortunately for me, it didn't pop on again until I was near home. Took a picture of it again (How safe is it that to prove to a dealer that this thing pops on all the time, I have to drive with a camera in my hand...?). So I called him back up when I got home and told him it poped on twice and he spun a goofy web saying such things as "Oh, we will probably have to have you come back in on a weekday (fek'ing great, another day wasted and hours of time for a ridiculous failure from their first time). He also said he would "talk to the tech"... 4 hours went by no return call... 2 days later... The point I made to the guy is that it is not a safe driving condition to have my entire dash lite up like a Christmas tree when driving it. I am resistant to many issue in a car... But that is kind of a game stopper.

This is why I miss owning a Lexus, when I took my IS350 in for service they went out of their way to help. My guess is that unit would have been replaced just to make the customer happy.

As this is my 12ish new Honda, I can tell you, Honda usually could careless how bad their dealers behave.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
How about posting a picture so that we can see what you're seeing?

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
You should think about going to another dealer or contacting American Honda directly. Some dealer service departments are a lot worse than others. Ditto for service advisors. If you hit a good one, you are golden; if not, forget it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
What is funny about the ACC is that the part been discontinued within the first year of release. (at least the last time I checked the schematic for the part number)
I wonder what improvement there is, if any? (Not that any is needed, IMHO! Low-speed follow would be nice, but it would have been expen$ive!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
My ACC stopped working last night...would not set at all and then just turns itself off. 1200 miles on the car.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
My ACC stopped working last night...would not set at all and then just turns itself off. 1200 miles on the car.
I don't understand your signature. It says "Current cars: 2014 V6 EX-L Touring..."

Which one do you have, an EX-L or a Touring? :scratch:

·
Ryland L. Loncharich
112 Posts
You should think about going to another dealer or contacting American Honda directly. Some dealer service departments are a lot worse than others. Ditto for service advisors. If you hit a good one, you are golden; if not, forget it.

I would agree with this. In my opinion, you are being stupid for continuing to go to the same dealership. I have only owned 3 Hondas but I bet I have used 7 or 8 different dealerships in the time I owned them. I definitely have gone to dealerships that are absolute garbage, I mean they are just so incapable of anything it makes me think this dealership only hires delinquents who were fired from reputable dealerships for the exact reasons you are stating.

I currently love my dealership I go too. They pretty much do anything I ask and they constantly cut labor charges in half or do things free of charge. They also have fixed nearly everything on my first visit (such as rattling noises, warning light issues etc.). There is only one issue I have gone back twice now for, and it is another rattling noise they have not found yet. The dealership I go to also, consistently, brings me to the back bays to show me what they are doing and what (if anything) has an issue.

Another example of how good they are is when I took my car in for this current rattling noise they are trying to track down. They put my car up on a lift to examine anything on the undercarriage that maybe causing the noise. They noticed that most of the underside, plastic diffuser in the front was smashed in and the plastic tabs came out. I told them how I took an incline turn to fast and bottomed-out the car. They replaced the entire thing with no charge except for labor which they then cut significantly (walked out the door owing about $35).

Then another example, I am sure you have heard about the tail-lights chipping the paint on our 9G's - well most people here have had the dealership simply use touch up paint to fix this. My dealership sent in the request to Honda for a Warranty Coverage and then had the entire rear-section of my car painted. It took about 3 days which sucks but it was done by a reputable paint shop here in Sarasota and it was being done correctly. Once the paint was done - the tail-lights were reset to stop the issue from coming back.

This maybe because I have so much work done by their dealership (so many mods on my car has actually been installed by the Honda Dealership) that they want me to keep coming back but my point is, when you find a good one - they go out on a limb to cater to your modification needs, they fix everything correctly and make sure you are happy.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Did you have ice on the front of the car? Mine stops working when there is about 1/8" across the sensor cover (the big H on the PHEV.)

For the OP, it really sounds like there is a problem the dealer should address. The one on my car has been fairly trouble free (ignoring the complaints about aggressive braking in some situations.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
No ice or other obstruction.
Today it's working.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't understand your signature. It says "Current cars: 2014 V6 EX-L Touring..."

Which one do you have, an EX-L or a Touring? :scratch:
Sorry to confuse you. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like Honda's implementation of ACC is plagued. It was half-baked or rushed to market.
Makes me glad that I didn't wait for my dealer to source me a Touring, i settled for a EX-L V6 w/ Navi.
The adaptive cruise is perhaps my favorite feature on my 2011 Genesis.
I am afraid Ill miss it...But if it is flaky perhaps not.. :dunno:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I need to revise this...ACC was and is working fine. Turns out it was operator error on my part.
It will not resume when your foot is on the throttle. My bad.

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
Glad to hear that you've figured out what the problem was. :thmsup:

·
Registered
514 Posts
I need to revise this...ACC was and is working fine. Turns out it was operator error on my part.
It will not resume when your foot is on the throttle. My bad.
Oh, yeah, it does seem to automatically show disabled when you accelerate, but then come back on when you take your foot off the gas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a used (3,600 miles) 2013 Touring and have used ACC twice. Both times I thought I died and went to heaven. The struggle will be how to keep my eyes on the road. When I set ACC and have lane warnings going, I can close my eyes and go to sleep.

Ok, kidding aside, I really am a big fan of ACC. Sure, conditions have to be right but that should come as NOT surprise since it has to lock on the car in front of you. It make my 30 mile commute that much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not a big fan of ACC myself, almost got rear ended when my car (downshifted to slow or applied brakes) when a car switched lanes in front of me on the highway.

I'm not sure which one it does (downshift or apply brakes) but given that the car behind me didn't seem to be aware of my car abruptly slowing down id say the brake lights do not come on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok, kidding aside, I really am a big fan of ACC. Sure, conditions have to be right but that should come as NOT surprise since it has to lock on the car in front of you. It make my 30 mile commute that much more enjoyable.
I agree.

Mark1210, it applies the brakes and the brake lights do fire when the system kicks on. Blame the dude who had his eyes closed behind you:paranoid:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts