Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking to do my first track day with my 04' 7th gen coupe. Where exactly are the tow points in front besides under the front of the vehicle on either side (as pictured). I keep seeing and will attach photos or tow hooks out the grille but upon looking there's no definitive location and my car doesn't have a hook in the trunk or obvious pop out in the bumper where it would go(say on a BMW for example). Did these guys drill into their actual crash bar? or is this simply for Ricer looks. Will those thin hooks you see even hold up for actual use. Thanks...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Bumper

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Your car has designed tow hooks- two in front and one in rear as you pointed out. In that second picture, I have no idea what the owner did as to that part sticking out. I could guess, but without removing the front bumper skin cover, who knows what it is, and if it is a tow hook, how it is attached, or if it is even functional.

Reactions: JVUS22

·
Cruising in Montana
4,309 Posts
The tow loops that are under the car, approximately under each headlight, were welded on at the factory. They are legitimate tow loops. Same for the one under the trunk.

The other one in the bottom picture, that's aftermarket.

·
ziptie princess
1,802 Posts
the one in the second picture is probably bolted either to the crash bar or to the stock tow hook for hot boi points

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your car has designed tow hooks- two in front and one in rear as you pointed out. In that second picture, I have no idea what the owner did as to that part sticking out. I could guess, but without removing the front bumper skin cover, who knows what it is, and if it is a tow hook, how it is attached, or if it is even functional.
. Great thanks , that was what I was thinking too. Just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing something. Appreciate the response ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts