Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the car from a person like a week ago and the TPMS light was on. I asked her and she told me that it would go away when I put air on the tires which I checked and indeed a couple of them had low pressure.
I put 32psi on each and the light didnt go away. So I tough that maybe a sensor was bad. After a week the rear passenger side tire was so flat that I had to put more air it was like 10psi and I also found a little nail in it.
My question for you guys is: is it possible that a continuous leak makes the TPMS light stay or the answer is a bad sensor. Thanks

·
"Old School" Shifter
380 Posts
Have your tires checked by a good tire shop. The light comes on at 18 psi. Could be the computer did not have enough time to turn the light off before the pressure dropped again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright.. what about the low tire with the exclamation point light. The rear tire was almost flat and that light didnt appear at all on the dashboard :scratch:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sounds like you need to have your TPMS sensors replaced, if the TPMS sensor light is constantly on. It wont read the tire pressure (the flat tire pic with the "!") until it's fixed. I've been in the same boat for a few months, just have to buy the sensors and have the dealer calibrate them.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6
107 Posts
Just an FYI that I don't know if you guys have noticed or not...my parents bought my 2010 brand new and never had a problem with the TPMS light (not the low tire pressure light, but the one for the system that says TPMS). I started having problems almost immediately upon acquiring the car in March 2013. After having all sensors and the control module replaced under warranty, the dealer said there was nothing else they could do. I finally figured out that the light was being tripped by interference caused when my iPhone is charging through a USB adapter plugged into one of the plugs. When the phone isn't plugged in, the light never comes on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have your tires checked by a good tire shop. The light comes on at 18 psi. Could be the computer did not have enough time to turn the light off before the pressure dropped again.
America's Tire (I think they are called something else outside of Cali) will read and reset your TPMS codes for free and also fix a flat for free...if you can wait.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im in miami tho. Where can i do something similar here?

·
Read Only
28 Posts
Go to discount tire and they will help you and for the nail they patch for free or at least that is how it is in orlando. It depends which light there is 2 for the tmps the one with a explanation mark is low tire pressure. The one with the words TPMS means your sensors have stopped working and meeds to be checked

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
I realized in the 9th gen, even if you put air back to the optimal level, you need to go through the system and recalibrate the sensors, to clear the dash indicator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts