Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup i jus bought a 2010 ex-l, mugen package wit the mugen 18'' xj's. jus bout a set of winter rims, 18x8.5 cheap xxr 522's and the tpms light keeps commin on. bought 4 tire sensors at honda, the next day got rims and tires installed at discount tire. the tires says 50psi, but i keep it at 42ish and the tpms light keeps commin on, and 4 some reason my psi keeps droppin, maybe cause of the winter time. i had 2 pump it up 3 times in 2 and a half weeks. honda said they dont kno so bring it back, after a quick check. i feel like ima get rapped, all brand new parts but and this shit happens wth!!!! i hear this is commen wit 8th gens. any comments would be great

·
Registered
399 Posts
The pressure showing on the tire is the maximum pressure you can put it in. You're suppose to follow whatever the placard said on the door.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
You need to make sure the sensors are programmed to the car. You are going to have to do it each time you change wheels unless you get the reset tool. If you are losing air pressure from the tires go down to Discount and have them check for leaks, it's free.

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
I think Max PSI for our Cars is 40PSI.. Which is what all my wheels are at..

Also You may want to check your Dealer out again..

Question,

Is it the TPMS light or Low pressure light.

If it's the Low Pressure light.. ; When you refill it does the Light go away?

If it's the TPMS light; Does the TPMS light go away after you refill your air? If it's just staying on that means your TPMS were not Programmed correctly.

After i got Stocks they had to replace the the TPMS in them because they went back.. It Took 1 week before my car told me my TPMS light came. Had to take it back because they Didn't program them right.. They missed a number

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry jus new 2 the site!!!! the sticker on the door is for the mugen xj rims, now i hav on the xxr rims

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BPearl2010 ur right, the tpms only comes on when i fill it back up. but it jus loses air so fast. ima go to the tire shop and then honda to get it reset. how much is the tool and is it hard 2 reset? thanks guys

·
Registered
24 Posts
Das ok, atleest u got mor tim to pratis ur text lingo.
lawl.

my car is in the shop now because of some suspension damage from the winter weather. it has been in there for 2 weeks now and still haven't gotten word, so i called them and they told me that they replaced everything but since they replaced 1 tire and the other 3 are low tread, it is setting off the ABS and <!> lights. i call BS, but then again i don't know a whole lot about cars. can someone confirm/deny this could be a cause? thanks

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,457 Posts
sup i jus bought a 2010 ex-l, mugen package wit the mugen 18'' xj's. jus bout a set of winter rims, 18x8.5 cheap xxr 522's and the tpms light keeps commin on. bought 4 tire sensors at honda, the next day got rims and tires installed at discount tire. the tires says 50psi, but i keep it at 42ish and the tpms light keeps commin on, and 4 some reason my psi keeps droppin, maybe cause of the winter time. i had 2 pump it up 3 times in 2 and a half weeks. honda said they dont kno so bring it back, after a quick check. i feel like ima get rapped, all brand new parts but and this shit happens wth!!!! i hear this is commen wit 8th gens. any comments would be great
OP:

no need to double-post....

i'll let this one ride, but will delete the other....

one post is sufficient. bump it after a few days if you need to....

- DA moderator

1 - 11 of 11 Posts