Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Elvira
3,875 Posts
Since 2013 the Honda's don't use TPMS modules IN the wheels. It is calculated via the ABS wheel speed.

So you can remove them if you want or are you asking because you WANT to use the TPMS modules to tell you the actual pressures in the tires and require a reader? If that's your question.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since 2013 the Honda's don't use TPMS modules IN the wheels. It is calculated via the ABS wheel speed.

So you can remove them if you want or are you asking because you WANT to use the TPMS modules to tell you the actual pressures in the tires and require a reader? If that's your question.
Thanks for the info, I know my 2019 uses wheel speed sensors, I did not realize the 2015's did as well. I know my wifes 2022 odyssey can read the pressures on the dash.

So just swap the wheels and "press the TPMS button?"

·
Elvira
3,875 Posts
Thanks for the info, I know my 2019 uses wheel speed sensors, I did not realize the 2015's did as well. I know my wifes 2022 odyssey can read the pressures on the dash.

So just swap the wheels and "press the TPMS button?"
yup

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,800 Posts
I would say in the 7 years I've been swapping summer to winter, and winter to summer tires, maybe TWICE has the TPMS light gone on after the swap, requiring the need to reset using the button. All the rest of the times, the system just went on its marry way without a reset.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,728 Posts
Make fun of me if you want, but I don't use TPMS. It's on more than off. Granted my car is 8th gen. But like Willie Nelson said, "You want the weather? Stick your head out the window." I look at the tires.

Reactions: Miker

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,800 Posts
Make fun of me if you want, but I don't use TPMS. It's on more than off. Granted my car is 8th gen. But like Willie Nelson said, "You want the weather? Stick your head out the window." I look at the tires.
While I agree with your sentiment completely, TPMS has its place.

Apparently drove over a screw 2 summers ago, TPMS light came on - thought that was weird, but quickly found a place to stop and check tires. By the time I was stopped, I was nearly on the rim! Saved me that day I tell you... LOL

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,716 Posts
One day I'm driving down the highway at 70mph, and a small piece of metal falls off the truck in front of me. Too late to go around, so one tire did hit the metal. The TPMS light came on, and I was able to slow down a little before the tire was completely flat. TPMS might have saved us from more damage to the wheel, or worse that day. The tire was still torn up and smoking when I finally got down the exit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts