Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many threads out there RE: TPMS but could not find any answer. For all you who changed their wheels did you buy a Rebuilt Kit?

I have an OEM 17x7.5 that came with the car and now wanted to install my 18x8 coupe wheels , I know that I can transfer the TPMS to the OEM coupe wheels however Discount tire would not install the TPMS to the new wheels unless I bought the Rebuild Kit from them $15 each. Does Honda sells the kit/part once the TPMS has/had been removed if so what part do i need to buy? I dont want to have any issues down the road. Also would it reset itself or do I need to use ATEQ tool to Re-Learn, according to the dealership they need to Re-program the 4 TPMS for $150---WHAT A JOKE?
OR
Would it be a lot better and buy a used TPMS for 8th gen Accord, I would imagine they have the same part no. whether LX, LXS, EX, EXL-I4 or V6. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hey wasup?

Short answer: No, just direct swap.

Long answer:
Don't believe all that BS. I had stock 17's and then had the 18" Mugen GP's. I had the shop (where I mount balanced the new set) swap the TPMS sensors straight into the Mugens. No TPMS lighting up whatsoever. I had that setup for 20k miles until I switched to my current setup which has Acura TSX sensors. I traded my Mugen setup for this setup with tires, wheels and TSX sensors and they do light up since both sensors probably have different frequencies.

·
Registered
339 Posts
When you remove the TPMS and reinstall it, it is recommended to replace the rubber grommet and the washer for the nut.

Honda part # 42756-STK-A01 GROMMET, TPMS VALVE List $1.42

Honda part # 42755-STK-A01 WASHER, TPMS VALVE List $0.77

There is no need for anything else. I had a rim replaced before.

For the heck of it, you can even change the TPMS valve nut, Honda part # 42754-STK-A01 List $1.28.

There is no need to reprogram the TPMS unless the recommended tire pressure on the new rims are different than what you have now. For example, for larger HFP rims, it may need to be reprogrammed and then a new tire pressure information sticker is applied to the car.

See HFP wheel instructions:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/08-wheel.pdf

·
Whatever
103 Posts
$15 each is bs. Should only be $3 each for a rebuild. Doesn't to change the grommet and stuff though but you could just directly transfer it over no prob.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you All for the responce, greatly appreciated. Looks like I have to shop around to look for an installer to un-mount my TPMS/Tires and to mount/balance the new tires on the coupe wheels. Heres what Discount tire wanted to charge since i did not buy my tires from them:

Un-mount old tires / TPMS / re-balance / valve stem---$60
Install new tires & balance / TPMS Rebuilt kit / Disposal fee---$95

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you remove the TPMS and reinstall it, it is recommended to replace the rubber grommet and the washer for the nut.

Honda part # 42756-STK-A01 GROMMET, TPMS VALVE List $1.42

Honda part # 42755-STK-A01 WASHER, TPMS VALVE List $0.77

There is no need for anything else. I had a rim replaced before.

For the heck of it, you can even change the TPMS valve nut, Honda part # 42754-STK-A01 List $1.28.

There is no need to reprogram the TPMS unless the recommended tire pressure on the new rims are different than what you have now. For example, for larger HFP rims, it may need to be reprogrammed and then a new tire pressure information sticker is applied to the car.

See HFP wheel instructions:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/08-wheel.pdf
thanks patron, bought 4 sets of each washer/nut/grommet for $10.83 All. Found a tire shop whos willing to do all 8 tires/wheels for $100.00, have to hold on till I receive the kit from Honda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts