Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, after months of lurking these forums, I've decided to post a quick tip. I drive a 2013 accord coupe ex 6MT 4cyl. I've recently had snow tires installed on the vehicle at a Honda dealer. The receipt I got shows the details of what they did. "32 psi each tire checked". Well that was wrong they are supposed to have 33psi in each tire. So I went ahead checking the tire pressure after the dealer installed and supposingly adjusted the air pressure and each tire had less than 30 psi... clearly the dealer lies about their work on the receipt you get from the service. Anyways enough of that rant.

After changing the tires or even changing the air pressure I learned the TPMS has to be reset. That can be done one of two ways. The easiest way is to press the tpms button underneath the eco button , hold it in until the tpms indicator on the dash blinks twice. So from there I thought I was done. However , I noticed every time I turned the car on the tpms symbol would stay lit up for a few seconds. I thought this was odd and read the manual for details. Apparently to completely reset the tpms it requires 30minutes of constant driving at a certain speed. So once you've done that the light won't come on anymore briefly after startup. (You don't have to drive for 30 minutes straight, the reset will still resume even if you turn off the car for a period of time)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.