Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just signed for a 2019 Accord 2.0T Touring, automatic. It is white with black leather, don’t even have a vin number yet as the dealer has to locate one equipped with those colors, none are available in the phoenix metro area. This thread is to document my modifications, repairs and maintenance over the course of my ownership. Hoping that the repairs and maintenance are at a minimum.

Am returning for a 3rd tour of duty with the Accord, can’t stay away. Previously owned a 1999 6th gen accord 2 door v6 which I modified quite a bit almost 20 years ago. Then I owned a 2010 Accord 2 door v6 manual 6 speed, which I also modified quite a bit documented in this thread over the course of 5 years.

https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/tps-accord-6-6-maintenance-repair-modding-thread.41129/

I reluctantly sold the 8th gen accord because I found out I was having my first child and came to the realization quickly a 2 door would not support loading him in and out well. Along with that my wife did not know how to drive a manual. To fill the modding gap I picked up an 01 supercharged Corvette which I have modded even further, assembling the motor twice in the last 5 years along with doing about everything you can possibly do to it along the way. Have a build thread for that too if you’re bored and want to check it out, take a look.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3862404-tp-s-modding-repair-maintenance-thread.html

Now that I’m close to being done with the corvette build am back to the accord. Came from a 2015 Genesis G80 Ultimate most recently with plans on getting into an SUV and then ultimately deciding the new accord sedan would fit the bill. Have 2 kids now and my wife still hasn’t learned to drive a stick so I had to get the auto. Given this is my daily driver mainly going to do some subtle mods to make it my own. So far this is my blue print for the build.

Ordered

Eibach Prokit
Eibach Sway Bar
Vinyl overlay for the chrome window trim
Reverse Light Tint
Headlight Corner Tint
Black Grill
Honda OEM Spoiler

Will be Purchased Soon

19” Enkei TY5 Black Wheels 19 x 8.5 +35 wheels
Eibach or Godspeed Camber Kit
Clear bra
Possibly vinyl wrap the roof
Trunk Cargo Hooks
Cargo Net
Ambient Lighting

Considering Down the Road

Stage 2 Tune
DP
Exhaust
Intake

As I go through the ownership process of my accord will chime in with my trials and tribulations along with any questions I have that may be useful for others.

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,161 Posts
To fill the modding gap I picked up an 01 supercharged accord which I have modded even further, assembling the motor twice in the last 5 years along with doing about everything you can possibly do to it along the way. Have a build thread for that too if you’re bored and want to check it out, take a look.

View attachment 513466
I've never seen an Accord like that before.

·
OBSIDIANBLUE
515 Posts
Reverse Light Tint
If you need tinted headlights on the back of your car 'ur goin' da wong whey up'n'dar''.
🔙...🔙...🔙🔙🔙💥....whoops what was that noise back there?Oh...no....not again!Darn it!🙈
Honda OEM Spoiler
So you can explain to everyone that you had extra money to spend on something that lays there like a heavy banana peel on a hot summer sidewalk? j/k

19” Enkei TY5 Black Wheels 19 x 8.5 +35 wheels
I heard the steel wheels are the best because they are lighter and stronger and smoother riding and they won't curb....I read that .......somewhere.Somewhere?

Clear bra
Sweet!
Bosoms thru a clear bra?....for your wifie you mean?
All right dude...."this mod is nothing without pics" now. lol

Possibly vinyl wrap the roof
No....don't start with that wrapping only certain parts now.....people will talk and say that Double U-tea-eFF abbreviation and say it looks unpainted.So be careful wit' dat' wappin' stur'f ya rebel you.

Trunk Cargo Hooks
For when you have to tarp something perhaps....?🔃
Stage 2 Tune
DP
Exhaust
Intake
Now this mod is gettin' good!!!

Can't wait to see this bad boy come together.
Plus it will get over 40+ mpg's.....and stuff.

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you need tinted headlights on the back of your car 'ur goin' da wong whey up'n'dar''.
🔙...🔙...🔙🔙🔙💥....whoops what was that noise back there?Oh...no....not again!Darn it!🙈

So you can explain to everyone that you had extra money to spend on something that lays there like a heavy banana peel on a hot summer sidewalk? j/k

I heard the steel wheels are the best because they are lighter and stronger and smoother riding and they won't curb....I read that .......somewhere.Somewhere?

Sweet!
Bosoms thru a clear bra?....for your wifie you mean?
All right dude...."this mod is nothing without pics" now. lol

No....don't start with that wrapping only certain parts now.....people will talk and say that Double U-tea-eFF abbreviation and say it looks unpainted.So be careful wit' dat' wappin' stur'f ya rebel you.

For when you have to tarp something perhaps....?🔃

Now this mod is gettin' good!!!

Can't wait to see this bad boy come together.
Plus it will get over 40+ mpg's.....and stuff.
Now that is a roast :) Am used to the heat here in AZ. Good to see the forum hasn't lost its sense of humor in the 5 years I was gone.

Still waiting for the car to arrive from the factory. Should be here in a couple days.

Ordered puddle lights, door sill lights, door jamb guards, trunk mat, akasaka front lip, roof spoiler, and Corsomotion interior lights. Got some work to do when the car shows up, probably going to take a few days to install all the parts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Excited to see how this turns out! I have the same color/model accord, have slowly been doing some things to it.

Once I installed the interior lights, I've decided for now, not to bother with the puddle lights. The LED's in the door are ridiculously bright, and I never unlock my car with the remote, so the puddle lights would be on for barely any time at all.

I'm also stuck on what spoiler to get, been deciding between the OEM one, a small one like the one that comes on the sport, and then one from ebay that I have seen on a few (nothing crazy, just different). I think I'm going to start from cheapest option and go from there. The whole drilling wholes in the trunk thing seems a bit much if I'm not 100000% sure that's what I will want. Take a bunch of pictures if you can, once you get that installed!

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,706 Posts
Hey an AZ person! I would not lower the car at all. The 10G is already pre-lowered from the factory vs. the body height of my 8G and required building ramp extensions just to be able to get the car up off the ground and clear the bumper. Lowering it is probably just going to destroy the underside.

Sway bars: be interested in seeing how that turns out. My opinion is the 10G has weak sway bars from the factory going for a more "luxury" ride but the thing rolls over in corners (adaptive dampers don't fix it).

I went the opposite way starting with downpipe, tune, silicone intake and intercooler.

Oh and paint the chrome exhaust tips: https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/how-to-remove-the-chrome-exhaust-finisher.546784/

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got my car today, this is as stock as it will ever look. Winds of change are coming. Starting with debadging tomorrow and getting the spoiler and bsm on by friday night. Given I have kids, the bsm is must otherwise would forgo it. Going to get it ceramic coated on saturday. Lining up tint and clear bra for next week. May also vinyl do some vinyl wrapping in gloss black in a few different areas.

·
OBSIDIANBLUE
515 Posts
Finally got my car today, this is as stock as it will ever look. Winds of change are coming. Starting with debadging tomorrow and getting the spoiler and bsm on by friday night. Given I have kids, the bsm is must otherwise would forgo it. Going to get it ceramic coated on saturday. Lining up tint and clear bra for next week. May also vinyl do some vinyl wrapping in gloss black in a few different areas.

View attachment 513838
Hey dude...lol

No I were just funnin' with you but serious...
...look at that trunk lid and say you decided not to put the spoiler. on..lol
Look at it for a few days and then check it out with spoiler....just say'in.

I almost got a 2.0 manual white sport...I loved driving it.

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bsm = body side molding.

Attached is a list of all the oem accessories installed price from the dealer u bought the car from. I've ordered all the ones checked and am installing myself for an average of 1/4 of the cost. Will start up a new YouTube channel and start posting up some diy there.

·
OBSIDIANBLUE
515 Posts
The accessories are under way got the oem spoiler on today, debadged over the weekend and installed the trunk mat.

Oh my gosh ,I love your boy.He is so funny.He's gonna help daddy....love it.

No please....not the spoiler....yuk oh......anything but the spoiler.I know,use automotive tape in case you don't like it....spoiler alert (lol).

oh,it's too late.You drilled holes in the roof of the trunk?I can't look you in the avatar again you beast....lol
People get on to me about wrap but I don't drill anything.You didn't even flinch.I would've puked after that...

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trying to include my son in all the installs, he just turned 3 and loves to help. Once you've drilled or cut into a painted surface once or twice the nausea goes away.

Just dropped my car off for tint, clear bra and vinyl wrap. Should look a little different tomorrow.

Will get part 2 up soon. Expect the quality of the videos to get better over time. I'm a software engineer by trade always iterating and working toward improvement with each release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trying to include my son in all the installs, he just turned 3 and loves to help. Once you've drilled or cut into a painted surface once or twice the nausea goes away.

Just dropped my car off for tint, clear bra and vinyl wrap. Should look a little different tomorrow.

Will get part 2 up soon. Expect the quality of the videos to get better over time. I'm a software engineer by trade always iterating and working toward improvement with each release.
Looking good so far. Really glad that you debadged. So easy and looks so much better, esp with the extras on a 2.0T. Not sure why more people don't do it.
If you haven't already installed the ambient lighting, will you include the 12-pin harness/wiring in pics or vids please? I think most cabin lighting mods would be better if run thru the manual lighting dimmer instead of just thru the basic on/off of door or dome wiring, but I haven't found any specifics anywhere on which pin that is running on.

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have installed the ambient, puddle and door Sill lights. It's a balancing act of trying to take a decent video while having my 3 year old help and balancing the insane Phoenix heat. Will get video up soon.

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since there are several other install videos I slept taking one putting in the mishimoto oil catch can. Will follow up on how much it collects.

Also ordered a vanity plate and type r engine cover and bolts for it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts