Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
One month down have done the following....

-puddle lights
-ambient lights
-door Sill lights
-door Sill protectors
-door panel protectors
-Corso motion blue led interior kit
-fender garnish wrapped
-debadged
-ceramic coated
-oem spoiler
-mud flaps
-window visors
-cargo net
-cargo hooks
-trunk handle
-rear bump trunk opening protector
-interior trunk opening protector
-trunk mat
-body side molding
-mishimoto catch can
-type r engine cover
-hardwire radar detector
-dechrome car
-vinyl wrap roof and rear fascia
-tint
-tint on headlight amber and reverse light section
-clearbra

This week will be installing the eibach lowering springs, rear camber kit and rear sway bar.

Also have the akasaka front lip. Just need a set of wheels and will have the car where I want it.

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is the one I ordered but there are many on eBay

Link didn't come through that was the one I ordered. Car is getting worked on at the moment. Suspension will be getting put on over the weekend.

Attachments

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Great work on the video, very detailed and informative... can’t wait to see the final outcome.
Thanks it's a challenge making videos with a 3 year old and the heat but been making for some good memories.

Here are some before and after shots.

Attachments

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
How's the ride after that install? Assuming you have a Touring, did this impact the sport, etc. suspension settings?
The ride has been good, I do have a touring model 2.0. I just got the car aligned today and have spent 20 miles driving around in sport and it feels solid. Haven't observed any significant harshness. Knock on wood, haven't had any issues scraping coming out of my driveway or going over speed bumps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks good @tommypenguin (y)
What differences do you notice between Normal and Sport mode with this suspension setup, especially since you have the adaptive suspension of the 2.0T Touring?

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Looks good @tommypenguin (y)
What differences do you notice between Normal and Sport mode with this suspension setup, especially since you have the adaptive suspension of the 2.0T Touring?
Sport feel just a tad more firm, not uncomfortably harsh, just rigid.

Here's a video to where I install ambient, puddle and door Sill oem accessories.

Ordered a ktuner, prl high volume intake, more to come. Have hit 4k, probably will wait till I have 7k or so to make sure I'm confident in the powertrain before flashing a new map.

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The next leg of the build is about to begin. Sitting in the garage is prl high volume intake, catted dp, front pipe, intercooler and ktuner. Will be installing in the next week or two and make some diy for all of those parts.

Probably in a few months will be putting 9n a type r turbo and flex fuel kit. From a roll the accord should be a little quicker.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Heat blanket the turbine? Seems to improve spoolup during acceleration.

·
Going Top Shelf FTW
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Been busy with the honda, put on the following...

-prl high volume intake
-prl catted downpipe
-prl front pipe
-prl intercooler
-ktuner stage 2
-20" Verde insignia wheels with firestone indy 500 255\35\20 tires.

Going on next is...

-prl flex fuel controller
-civic type r turbo
-ptp turbo blanket
-v4 red taillights
-rear sequential reflector lights
-hi-rev motorsports front lip
-dash cam

Am planning on making DIY videos for all the parts I put on. If anyone needs to know how to put on an aftermarket dp here you go...

·
BriGuy5
175 Posts
Interested in the video for the PRL Intercooler install. I have one sitting in my garage waiting to install. Not sure if I wanted to tackle myself without knowing what I'm getting myself in to first. I did just get the PRL Downpipe and Frontpipe done by a shop as I tend to not do things that are much easier with a lift. I went catless, and already had the Borla catback exhaust and it is a bit LOUD now. I've reached out to Borla to see if their resonator will help, otherwise I may go with someone else's and get that fitted to tame it down a bit. I really like the performance gain, but wow it's loud.

I had a catless turboback in my STI and it was loud, but definitely more mild. I guess the cat in the up-pipe helped mute the sound a bit, plus the boxer rumble was a lot more pleasing to the ear.

Thanks for sharing your build!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts