Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a road trip with my 2013 V6 Coupe and had the following concern with the TPS. Just about every 300 miles the TPS warning message would come on which I understood it to be low or uneven pressures. Upon checking all four wheels / tires (both hot & cold) I could not find any variations. Each tire was exactly the same as when I checked inflation before setting out. I would reset the TPS, as per Honda manual, and all would be fine for another 300 miles and I would get the warning once again. The mileage on the coupe right now is just over 5,000. Never had tires rotated or vehicle jacked off ground. I'm now ready for the first service and would like to be prepared with more knowledge if any other Forum members have had similar experiences ? I will have the tires rotated at this service. This is the fourth V6 coupe I have owned and they just keep getting better IMO.
Thanks.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
TPMS:thmsup:

Our sensor goes off based on uneven pressure (think it senses the difference in rotation). If the pressures are fine, not sure what's going on. Good luck

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The short answer is to take the car to the dealer and have them check it out. If you get the warning again take it directly to the dealership and have them check the tire pressures.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Was there much in the way of temperature variation or altitude changes? This time of year especially the temps can change a lot depending where you are. Leads to radical changes in your pressures.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TPS Answer

That's a very good point. Yes, I went to Blue Ridge Parkway and then back down to East Coastal terrain. However, when I checked tire pressure, it was all the same reading in all four tires. Possible the altitude changes did trip it up. I say that because it happened just at about the same halfway point going and returning.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Was there much in the way of temperature variation or altitude changes? This time of year especially the temps can change a lot depending where you are. Leads to radical changes in your pressures.
This happened to me as well. This is what I concluded.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
So maybe it noticed the change in tire rotation over a period of time? interesting...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts