Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2015 Honda Accord Sport 6MT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had 2 new tires mounted on my oem Accord Sport alloy wheels, tires rotated and alignment on my 2015 Accord Sport with 45k miles at Firestone. The alignment included steering angle. The traction control and tpms lights are on and cannot be reset - Firestone and I tried. Supposedly no codes. So far, I've driven about 25 mi. Lights still on. I've seen the issue in other posts, but no solutions. Solutions appreciated!

· Registered
3,111 Posts
That may just not be enough miles to reset TPMS. Owner manual for my '16 says:

~30 min of cumulative driving at speeds between 30-60 mph​

It doesn't monitor at low speeds, so if your 25 miles are just around town, you may need to get out on the freeway...

If the Sport doesn't have the multi-display, are you pressing/holding the TPMS button until the low tire pressure/TPMS indicator blinks twice? And the MT has to be in N when you press the button, with ignition in II (On).

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may just not be enough miles to reset TPMS. Owner manual for my '16 says:

~30 min of cumulative driving at speeds between 30-60 mph​

It doesn't monitor at low speeds, so if your 25 miles are just around town, you may need to get out on the freeway...

If the Sport doesn't have the multi-display, are you pressing/holding the TPMS button until the low tire pressure/TPMS indicator blinks twice? And the MT has to be in N when you press the button, with ignition in II (On).
I have recalibrated tpms on this car numerous times. In the past the past, after I press the tpms button in neutral (manual), the light blinks 2x, goes off, I drive to recalibrate. Now, it blinks 2xs, goes off, then comes right back on.

I have recalibrated tpms on this car numerous times. In the past the past, after I press the tpms button in neutral (manual), the light blinks 2x, goes off, I drive to recalibrate. Now, it blinks 2xs, goes off, then comes right back on.
This specific problem (tcs and tpms lights on, can't be reset by normal means) was discussed in at least 3 prior conversations. One, like mine, was after tire rotation and alignment. But the posters never got back with an answer - if there was one.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same size tires as originals? And with proper PSI all the way around?

Is alignment still off?

Is the steering angle correct ?
Tires are same size as original with proper inflation. The alignment is correct, Firestone said the steering angle was included on the alignment, so I assume that was correct, I do not remember if steering angle setting was on the alignment report. It is in my glove box.
I wonder if resetting the steering angle sensor involves an addition step beyond adjustment, so, if the tcs and tpms lights do not go off after I've driven it a bit longer, I will mention that to Firestone when I bring it back in. They said those sensor lights were their responsibility, since they weren't on when it came in, and to bring it back itf they didn't go off.

· Registered
3,111 Posts
Were the wheels spin balanced with the new tires?

If those lights don't go off after some more miles, you may want to have a look at this video

about calibrating the steering angle. And can Firestone plug in a scanner to see if the car has thrown any error code(s)?

BTW: I don't know how much "variation" these systems can tolerate between two old tires with wear and two brand new ones. Maybe somebody else knows that.

Post back and let us know what happens...

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were the wheels spin balanced with the new tires?

If those lights don't go off after some more miles, you may want to have a look at this video

about calibrating the steering angle. And can Firestone plug in a scanner to see if the car has thrown any error code(s)?

BTW: I don't know how much "variation" these systems can tolerate between two old tires with wear and two brand new ones. Maybe somebody else knows that.

Yes, they were spun balanced. The car feels great. The front has the new 235/45R-18 SUMITOMO HTR A/S P03 SL, a W speed rated tire (168 mi top speed,). Back has 235/45R-18 SUMITOMO HTR A/S P02 SL, maybe 7000 mi, also a w speed rated tire. These are very stiff sidewalls and the car feels planted and agile. The problem is, neither TMPS nor TCS will reset since the rotation/alignment. And so far, the diagnostic shows NO codes.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd get out on the freeway this weekend and put at least 30(+) miles on it at ~60 MPH without turning the engine off, while TPMS is in calibration mode and see what happens...
Yep, gonna get it out this weekend. I'm a total Accord fan, this is my 5th manual Accord sedan ('91, '95, '98, 2007 and this 2015, plus '85 5 spd Civic). Bought every one used, about 3 years old. This is the first time I've had any kind of electrical problem. BTW, the '91 and this one are my favorites.

· Registered
3,111 Posts

For the record, I got my first Accord, a brand new 2-door, 2-speed semi-automatic hatchback in 1978, and Accord is the only brand I've driven since. I looked at other brands every time I wanted a replacement but always ended up with another Accord.

OMG I'm really dating myself here...!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To recap, the traction control and TPMS dashboard lights went on after I had my tires rotated and a 4 wheel alignment on my 2015 Accord Sport manual. I could not manually reset them the usual way. I took it into my Honda dealer. They performed a VSA neutralization position relearn, which they said is needed to reset the vehicle's steering angles after an alignment or tire rotation. They also did a hard TPMS light reset. The TPMS and traction control dashboard lights are now off. Yeah!!

· Registered
1 Posts
To recap, the traction control and TPMS dashboard lights went on after I had my tires rotated and a 4 wheel alignment on my 2015 Accord Sport manual. I could not manually reset them the usual way. I took it into my Honda dealer. They performed a VSA neutralization position relearn, which they said is needed to reset the vehicle's steering angles after an alignment or tire rotation. They also did a hard TPMS light reset. The TPMS and traction control dashboard lights are now off. Yeah!!
Did they charge you for this ?

· Registered
1 Posts
hi, guys, i have the same issue with my honda accord 9th gent .. it is a 2017 module my tpms and TCS light are on, this was after i had a radiator change, no error codes have been seen so far and no mechanic can help out...any ideas on what to do, please

1 - 14 of 14 Posts