Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Press and hold to de activate. My MDX is the same way. They do this so if you accidentally hit the button it won't turn it off. Same for the push button start. If moving, you have to hold it 2 sec to shut the engine off. Runaway Camry drivers who were not familiar with the push button operation (helps to study the manual) could not shut their cars off in those panic situations. Hold 2 seconds and it will shut down.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hold the button. Dash light will illuminate and tone will sound. Beware, the Michelins make a lot of noise :).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hold the button. Dash light will illuminate and tone will sound. Beware, the Michelins make a lot of noise :).
Yeah I found that out the hard way, I was at a stoplight on a slight hill with traction control off, for no real reason I was just trying to see what the difference was. Not wanting to roll back I gave it more gas than usual and let off the clutch and then I heard tires squealing. I hope it didn't do too much to hurt the life of my tires.

·
Basque Red Fury
1,046 Posts
Yeah I found that out the hard way, I was at a stoplight on a slight hill with traction control off, for no real reason I was just trying to see what the difference was. Not wanting to roll back I gave it more gas than usual and let off the clutch and then I heard tires squealing. I hope it didn't do too much to hurt the life of my tires.
You'd have to burn out for a good long time to negatively affect the tire life. I'm talking a minute+. A little chirp does nada

·
Registered
74 Posts
You'd have to burn out for a good long time to negatively affect the tire life. I'm talking a minute+. A little chirp does nada
phew that makes me feel better, I still feel a little bad for my clutch though

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks, so that is the button next to the LDW?

Even though I turn it off, it activates itself right?
when you re start the car it will be on again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Don't worry about chirping the tires or slightly longer wheelspin, the Accord has high efficiency (low rolling resistance) tires with a high mileage rating, you won't hurt tire life.

As for the clutch, you will only hurt that if you feather/ride it too long repeatedly. Once the tires are gripping you're engaged in a gear and you are no longer stressing the clutch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts