Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am really wanting the touring or V6 model and think about trading in mine 2.4l . The thing is I paid $15,600 for mine brand new. I still owe$ 15,000 on my loan. I can't find anywhere of the value of a trade in or private sale. I believe i am not upside down. Anybody know where I can get a value. i know its; sorta crazy to this but i want touring or V6 since can't find any reliable information on how to really upgrade my current car. Thanks. Also, i was thinking of paying down more and getting the 2016 when it comes out.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Reall depends on the KMs you put on it in the meantime IMO. If you are a high mileage driver, sooner the better. If not, you probably have some time. Sounds like you got a good price on the ex-l to me so you should be in good shape. I'd just use it as trade in bait if you want the ease of transaction but you can definitely come out in better shape if you spend the time going private

·
Honda Salesman
104 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I agree with Honda Eric...

How the hell did you get a 15' EX-L for $15,600?

Also, KBB, edmunds, Nada. Shoot if you have a Carmax near by take it to them...

It's your money but why do you want the Touring or V6... Is there some reason why you don't want the EX-L?

·
Registered
574 Posts
That price must be after down payment or trade in........

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
That's what I assumed. In which case I wouldn't think the OP would be under water on his loan.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just go to the dealer and ask. They'll come back with a value and you'll say yes or no, it's that simple.

Either way, you should probably think a bit harder before you throw thousands of dollars away buying a car you don't really want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A couple of questions:

1) How in the hell did you pay $15,600???
2) Have you ever heard of Kelley Blue Book ( Kelley Blue Book - New & Used Car Price Values ), Edmunds (New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing | Edmunds.com) or NADA (New Car Prices and Used Car Book Values - NADAguides)

Please keep us informed..

It's your money but why do you want the Touring or V6... Is there some reason why you don't want the EX-L?
Pretty sure he meant down payment of $15,600 and he still owes $15,000.

·
Registered
327 Posts
A couple of questions:

2) Have you ever heard of Kelley Blue Book ( Kelley Blue Book - New & Used Car Price Values ), Edmunds (New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing | Edmunds.com) or NADA (New Car Prices and Used Car Book Values - NADAguides)

You guys know that the 2015 Accord doesn't show up in KBB or NADA, right? I tried going there, just to check, and they are not even an option. I wanted to make sure they weren't before I went and called him names for not being able to do a simple trade-in value lookup :)

I was able to check Edmunds, tho (I made a few assumptions, see attached). I'd just go stop by the dealer and see what they offer you.

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
It amazes me the amount of threads the past few days about people wanting to trade in cars they just bought.

Do people not think stuff through? This is a car, not a $50 video game they're trading in.

·
2015 EX-L, V6/Navi CBP
140 Posts
It amazes me the amount of threads the past few days about people wanting to trade in cars they just bought.

Do people not think stuff through? This is a car, not a $50 video game they're trading in.
I guessed not. I for one, research and realized mistakes after the fact. I could have bought the Touring for about the same price I paid for the EX-L, V6/Nav if I only knew it existed.

Dealer tried to pushed other color but black. I have not owned a black car in my life. So my stubbornness in me kicked in, ignored SA advise and paid for what I want. Then regrets hit me just days after I took delivery. Well at least now I know for myself how difficult it is to keep it clean.

I am preparing myself for yet another big loss in trading it in for a different make or model, maybe! Next time, I will make sure I'll do my homework.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Don't be so quick to judge man....it's really hard to get an idea if you really like a car until you have lived with it for awhile. I don't care how much research you do or test drives. For me you have to live with it a month or so and experience all the different driving conditions.

Secondly, for some people $30k for a car is exactly like a $50 video game for others.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reall depends on the KMs you put on it in the meantime IMO. If you are a high mileage driver, sooner the better. If not, you probably have some time. Sounds like you got a good price on the ex-l to me so you should be in good shape. I'd just use it as trade in bait if you want the ease of transaction but you can definitely come out in better shape if you spend the time going private
Yeah, i tried the the private thing with my 09 but could not get any offers. I had that since nov 08 and wanted something new. So, here we are. Thanks

A couple of questions:

I had my honda accord sedan ex-l 09. i got it Nov 08 and had 40,000 miles on it. He only gave me 11,200 for my trade and i put down 2,000. my payment i don't mind saying is 259. 0.9% financing. Yes, i have heard of many sites but all don't have actual trade in thanks.

You guys know that the 2015 Accord doesn't show up in KBB or NADA, right? I tried going there, just to check, and they are not even an option. I wanted to make sure they weren't before I went and called him names for not being able to do a simple trade-in value lookup :)

I was able to check Edmunds, tho (I made a few assumptions, see attached). I'd just go stop by the dealer and see what they offer you.
No comment if you prejudge and call names. Thanks anyway

YES, both

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
I am really wanting the touring or V6 model and think about trading in mine 2.4l . The thing is I paid $15,600 for mine brand new. I still owe$ 15,000 on my loan. I can't find anywhere of the value of a trade in or private sale. I believe i am not upside down. Anybody know where I can get a value. i know its; sorta crazy to this but i want touring or V6 since can't find any reliable information on how to really upgrade my current car. Thanks. Also, i was thinking of paying down more and getting the 2016 when it comes out.
You may want to wait it out. With the MCR 2016 coming this summer the dealer cash on the 2015s is going to start stacking up. This means the OTD prices of new 2015 Accords are going to drop for the next few months to clear the lots for the 2016. This will push the trade value of your car down.

Your call.

Its the trap of car payments. When you owe $xxx @ XX months and a dealer says I can get you into a new ride for just $xx more a month it does not look so bad. But, if you pay cash for a car its different. When you say "I have to take $XX,XXX out of savings for the new car smell? How long did it take for me to save that?" You really think twice.

Case in point. I really want a 2015 Avalon Limited. I can get it @ ~$36,000 from my local dealer after incentives and dickering. They are offering $17,000 on my Accord on Trade. So I have to show up with $19,000 and my paid-for Accord to get the Avalon. I dont want the Avalon bad enough to drain $19,000 from my savings/investments. So I will live with my Accord.

Jay

·
Registered
327 Posts

Life is short and you have to do what makes you happy. I test drove an EX-L I4 twice, both times for about 6-7 miles, and it seemed to fit my needs. However, after having it a few days, and driving my normal commute, I realized that the CVT programming was just going to drive me absolutely bonkers. I owned the car for 2 months and 950 miles and I made the decision to take the "loss" and just trade up for a model with no CVT.

I was able to trade it in for $500 less than I paid for it and I'm extremely happy I did. I don't feel like I'm compromising and I'm actually happy to drive my car now. Sometimes it's worth the extra money just to be happy. Remember, you can't take it with you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts