Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Honda FTW
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say thank you to all here who have provided much needed information, entertaining threads, and in general a nice forum to be a part of.

Last week I traded my 2009 Accord V6 Navi EX-L in for a CPO 06 Ridgeline RTL.

Reason? Simple. Wasn't happy with the car. I have had it for 15k miles and I have to say I was not at all thrilled with the build quality or the way the car drove and rode.

Rattles rattles rattles! Most in the center stack. Not something I'd expect on a 30k dollar vehicle.

I had the auto, and the VCM sounded like a great idea at the time but I wound up babying it just to keep the ECO light on to keep my mileage up and I still only averaged about 18mpg. I did a lot of highway but I guess it just wasn't enough. The only way I got even close to the advertised mileage is if I did a LONG all highway trip.

Also with the VCM I was not happy with the way the car bucked and jerked when it would engage/disengage on the highway. It was subtle but enough to be noticeable and extremely annoying. Seemed like the slightest gust of wind would cause all cylinders to fire for a moment then shut down again.

The ride quality was also not something I enjoyed. I never realized just how bad it was until I drove my fiancee's 2010 Mazda 3. That car rode so much smoother than the Accord ever did. Hell even my 06 Ridgeline has a better ride than the Accord!

I've had a LOT of Honda's and I still have my S2000 which I absolutely LOVE and am keeping as well.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you guys! Lata.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Adios. Seems hit or miss on people with just rattle problems with their Accord, I only had the rear shelf with music but I fixed that with some foam.

Good luck with the Ridgeline, I thought about getting one way back but owning a v6 truck just didn't make sense ( which I'm sure it's more the sufficient for most light duty things ).

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have to agree with you, the handling of the accord ****s @ss when comparing to a mazda3. Even the 8th gen civic handles much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts