Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I started an auto detailing business a few months ago and my 2009 Honda Accord was maxed out with equipment/supplies and that's prior to generator and air compressor. I was tired of my Accord in many ways, especially the 4cyl. :(

I researched for a long while. I'm typically a Honda or Toyota guy but the Stow N Go seats and lower price had me looking at the Dodge/Chrysler line.

Found a 2013 T&C with just 26k miles locally. Took it for a test drive and loved it! It is so comfortable. I was very pleasantly surprised at the engine power and throttle response. The 3.6 engine has some grunt!

The comfort level is outstanding.

My only gripe thus far is how all the cup holders are pretty small. My phone doesn't fit well with the charging cord in. No biggie. It sucked up all my songs from my Ipod and CD's which was awesome and I paired the uconnect head unit to my phone without issue.

I get near or at 30mpg highway though around town drops to very low 20's. It's not far from my Accord mileage on average!

I love all the power opening doors and rear hatch.

The look is very classy in my opinion. I've shown a few co-workers and they've been surprised by the interior in a good way.

I also love sitting up high as getting blinded by all the other SUV's and vans was getting very irritating.

I love the light blue lighting accents in the dash. Also love the vehicle information center!

I am very happy about 1,000 miles into my purchase.

I'm a single guy with no kids and I totally LOVE my mini van!!!

·
Running NYC
1,315 Posts
Single dude minivan? You must really like minivans lol. Curious what made you choose something with so much room if you are single. Could have opted for a truck!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Is that a carpeted dead pedal? If it is, I hope they don't salt and sand the roads where you live. Looks like a Virginia plate, so you're probably OK.

BTW, it might be safer to obscure your plate number in a post where you mention all the equipment you carry around.

·
Registered
455 Posts
3 years, 20 post and walking away from us in a minivan. SPEECHLESS!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I'm sure it'll hold up well for many years just like a lot of mopar minivans you see on the road today.....

Reactions: ryankohl68

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts

Honda clearly knows how to design an engine bay better than Chrysler.

·
All my wats
90 Posts
Why not get an actual work van you can trash, like a Sprinter?

As a single guy, it's days like today when I regret getting a 4.5 seat coupe instead of a 2 seat roadster (upper 70s and sunny)...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I drive an avg of 2000mi per month right now. The gas mileage of a pickup sucks. Even loaded down I still get very high 20's/low 30's mpg hwy in the van! I'd need to put a cap on the bed which tends to make trucks look goofy anyway, IMO. The inconvenience of loading/unloading a pickup bed was a factor as well.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I drive an avg of 2000mi per month right now. The gas mileage of a pickup sucks. Even loaded down I still get very high 20's/low 30's mpg hwy in the van! I'd need to put a cap on the bed which tends to make trucks look goofy anyway, IMO. The inconvenience of loading/unloading a pickup bed was a factor as well.
Having a minivan for a single guy on a date night might be the right move, if ya know what I mean.

Reactions: headlights

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah a minivan isn't so bad. At times I wish I had one just to haul around more stuff. You just can't get much in an accord besides people. Luckily our other vehicle is a CRV. It doesn't have the same capacity as a minivan, but not bad.

Enjoy

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am still struggling with a single man being happy with a mini van...

maybe it is me... j/k.

good luck. they are practical...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts