Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Reverse Gear
1,000 Posts
Due to some upcoming leg surgeries I traded in my 2013 6/6 for a 2015 V6 Auto. Man compared to the 6/6 it is slow. But still very nice.
Best of luck with the surgeries.

I hear ya - the reason why I won't even test drive a 6/6 is because (I need a sedan and) I know that after that, anything else will not measure up. At least you have paddle shifters.

·
Blinded by the light
1,754 Posts
Due to some upcoming leg surgeries I traded in my 2013 6/6 for a 2015 V6 Auto. Man compared to the 6/6 it is slow. But still very nice.
It feels slow because you aren't shifting, the car isn't slow. Head to head with a driver that doesn't mess up their shifts I think it would be pretty close.

If you want to burn gas in exchange for throttle response like you did in your MT then sport or paddle shifters!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Be careful stirring the pot there, people still believe hondas auto and cvt are faster then someone who knows how to drive. lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't trying to stir the pot. If I was I would say the auto was a slug, LOL. I had an 8th Gen auto and liked it and I like this new car. A couple of years from now I will get another 6/6 if they still make it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I broke my right ankle earlier this year. In fact I had to drive my MT car back from the accident site (few miles). Throttle was ok, but very painful when applying the brakes. Can't imagine how i'd drive if the left foot was injured.

Good luck in your recovery. Unfortunately foot injuries don't heal over night.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Nav
870 Posts
Did u hurt urself riding ur motorcycle? Wish you a quick recovery!

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
2013 Accord V6-6MT
2,885 Posts
Good luck with your surgery.....hope you have a full recovery from your motorcycle accident related injuries.

I gave up riding 4 years ago for various reasons, not the least of which was that I no longer wanted to accept the greatly increased risk of serious injury or death associated with motorcycle riding.

While I was far from the most skilled rider, I tried to always ride defensively within my limits. Plus, I wore all the safety gear all the time, unlike many riders who seem to think that riding without an approved (Snell/DOT), helmet (full-face for me) and other safety gear is some sort of cultural badge of honor.

I tried to manage the risk of riding in ways that I had control over, but the danger posed by idiot motor vehicle drivers was ever present, and ultimately I decided that I no longer wanted to be exposed to it.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Here in NY, it happens every year. When winter ends and the bikes come out from hibernation on the first few nice days in April, you hear about bike accidents. Sometimes it is the loss of control and others it is drivers not seeing bikes. I must admit, they aren't the easiest to see especially when making a left hand turn onto a main road.

I would tell my friends that they were crazy to ride motorcycles and they tell me that "you don't understand" until you have rode one.

·
2013 Accord V6-6MT
2,885 Posts
Here in NY, it happens every year. When winter ends and the bikes come out from hibernation on the first few nice days in April, you hear about bike accidents. Sometimes it is the loss of control and others it is drivers not seeing bikes. I must admit, they aren't the easiest to see especially when making a left hand turn onto a main road.
[bold added]

I would tell my friends that they were crazy to ride motorcycles and they tell me that "you don't understand" until you have rode one.
A motor vehicle making a left turn and violating a motorcyclist's right of way is one of the most common reasons for collisions, resulting in serious injury or death for the motorcyclist.

The motor vehicle operator is totally at fault in these cases, and the I didn't see him excuse is no defense.

I am not sure if it is a federal law, but most states (if not all) require that motorcycles be built so that the headlight(s) and taillight(s) are on all the time, and cannot be turned off. The purpose, of course, is to increase visibility of the motorcyclist.

In my case, I rode a Honda VFR 800 which had 4 halogen headlights which were very bright and visible, especially on high beam. I sometimes would be flashed by motor vehicle operators for riding with my high beams on during the daytime. At least, i knew that they saw me.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Yes, just difficult to see (not looking for an excuse) and to this day I hate left hand turns onto a main road without a light. My extended family (all city folk form the boroughs of NY) makes fun of me about this as sometimes I do not take the shortest route to avoid certain left hand turns. A few years back UPS altered their routes to minimize left hand turns. They don't laugh at me so much anymore.

When I see a motorcycle, I just stay away or get out of the way for those riding recklessly. The noise that those Harleys make is a definite safety benefit to the rider.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts