Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Sunny California Living
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellow DA members,

I've had a nice journey with my Accord Coupe. It's been all over the world with me. Alaska, Turkey, and now California. Great car, but as time has passed, I realize it's not the car I really want anymore.

Anyhow, I traded my coupe in this weekend for a 2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe. I'm extremely satisfied with it. Even with the engine only being a 2.0 liter, the turbo makes this thing feel like there's more underneath the hood. The thing is like a rocket, and this isn't even the 3.0 liter

Here's some pics, enjoy! I still don't have a name for her yet. If you can think of one and want to help me out, feel free haha

This isn't a farewell, just an update. I'll still contribute to the forum, and answer questions that come my way.

Attachments

Reactions: sm1010

·
Registered
409 Posts
I really don't understand BMW's numbering schema as of late. The 3, 5, and 7 are sedans, 2, 4, and 6 are coupes, but there are 4 door 4 and 6 series? Not to mention the 5 door versions of the sedans and the convertible versions of... all of them? I don't even know anymore.

Anyways, it looks great and should be super fun to drive.

·
Sunny California Living
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! Enjoy!!
Thanks!:devil

I really don't understand BMW's numbering schema as of late. The 3, 5, and 7 are sedans, 2, 4, and 6 are coupes, but there are 4 door 4 and 6 series? Not to mention the 5 door versions of the sedans and the convertible versions of... all of them? I don't even know anymore.

Anyways, it looks great and should be super fun to drive.
Thanks! Yes it can be a bit confusing... The 3 series will no longer have a coupe version. The 4 series will be the new coupe version of the 3 series. Along with that, the 4 series also has 4 door coupe. They call it the Gran Coupe. Same for the 6 series like you said.

I really like that they don't just add 2 more doors and call it a Gran Coupe. They actually distinguish the look between the 4 and 2 door versions. IMO the Gran Coupe looks better than the 2 door. What's really nice though is the 4 door still looks like a coupe and sits pretty low. Here's a pic of me standing next to it at the dealership. I'm 6'1 for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
now you need a BMW forum.... :)

enjoy the new car. Hope it exceeds your expectations.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I recently traded my 2008 accord coupe for a bmw m235i. I've had nothing but accord coupes since graduating college 15 years ago so I thought it was time to try something new. My 2001 and 2008 accords were great though. Each got to almost 100k miles with little more than oil changes and new tires.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Looks really nice my friend. What is that color called? Reminds me of the Nebula Gray Pearl on the Lexus ES 350. Congrats and enjoy the new BMW!!

·
Sunny California Living
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now you need a BMW forum.... :)

enjoy the new car. Hope it exceeds your expectations.
Yeah I do! I was thinking about joining Bimmerfest.

Thank you, it's been exceeding them all week long lol.

I recently traded my 2008 accord coupe for a bmw m235i. I've had nothing but accord coupes since graduating college 15 years ago so I thought it was time to try something new. My 2001 and 2008 accords were great though. Each got to almost 100k miles with little more than oil changes and new tires.
Congrats on your Bimmer! How does the power feel? Mine feels amazing. Honda's are good cars though, so I see why you stuck with them. The 8th Gen Coupe was my favorite body style hand downs. Always turned heads, or people would ask what is this thing hehe.

Looks really nice my friend. What is that color called? Reminds me of the Nebula Gray Pearl on the Lexus ES 350. Congrats and enjoy the new BMW!!
Thank you for the compliment. The color is called Mineral Gray Metallic.

That's the plan... I took her out for joyride tonight. Wow oh wow she is just oh so fast and planted to the ground.

How much approx is your monthly payments (lease or finance) after the trade in?
$675 a month. I leased it for 3 years. Don't like to keep cars longer than that, as they start to get boring to me.

Do you find it to be similar to a 328i with more styling and less rear headroom?

Did you also test drive the 328i?
In the 3 series, I only test drove the 335i sedan. I found it to be a bit more comfortable, with more headroom than my Gran Coupe. Although I am 6'1, so that might be part of the reason why.

That being said though, it does comes at a price. The 4 Gran Coupe looks more sleek and mean in comparison to the 335i sedan.

·
Registered
409 Posts
coupes are two-doors. bmw doesn't get to redefine the word in an effort to make a sedan seem cooler.

enjoy your new ride.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupé
BMW, Mercedes, and Audi have been doing this thing for the past decade where they are trying to sell 4 door coupes. The reasoning, I think, is that the body style looks vaguely like a 2 door car, but when you get up close to the car, you notice it actually has 2 bonus doors.

It still hurts to think about it, though, so just try not to think when you see a 4 door version of a 2 door car.

·
Registered
639 Posts
coupes are two-doors. bmw doesn't get to redefine the word in an effort to make a sedan seem cooler.
This is one of those things that really bothers me, more than it probably should. But still, words have meanings, that's how we communicate. In the end, we end up having to explicitly say "4-door" or "2-door".

(OP, your car is beautiful, BTW.)

·
Sunny California Living
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is one of those things that really bothers me, more than it probably should. But still, words have meanings, that's how we communicate. In the end, we end up having to explicitly say "4-door" or "2-door".

(OP, your car is beautiful, BTW.)
It's weird I know... but somehow BMW pulled it off, and now have a sexy Gran Coupe that looks better than the 2 door version IMO. So I'm cool with it. Thanks for the compliment as well!

·
Banned
885 Posts
I didn't mean to imply it isn't a good-looking car. it's just not a coupe. marketing is getting out of hand. as another said, words have meaning.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congrats on your Bimmer! How does the power feel? Mine feels amazing. Honda's are good cars though, so I see why you stuck with them. The 8th Gen Coupe was my favorite body style hand downs. Always turned heads, or people would ask what is this thing hehe.
8th Gen coupe was indeed an awesome car. Loved how it looked and totally enjoyed having it. My m235 feels fast...really fast. Driving it is so much fun. I usually have to keep it on comfort mode being that I live in an area with a lot of stop and go traffic. I love the way the 4 series looks though. I came really close to getting the 428i with m package. Enjoy your new car...it looks great!

·
Sunny California Living
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow!! That's one helluva note for one helluva car. Try not to get any tickets my friend.
Considering I was paying a little over $500 for the Accord Coupe, it's not bad at all. Yep! I haven't had a ticket in over 3 years, don't want one now lol.

yeah, might be gran, but not a coupe at all. I do love Bimmers.
That's why I leased. I wanted to try something different. When I had my coupe, it was a pain to have people ride in the back.

I probably will go back to another coupe though, after this lease is up. Maybe an Audi S5 or another BMW in an actual (2 Door) coupe variant though.

enjoy your new ride.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupé
I definitely understand what you're saying.

That's the plan. I hope these next 3 years bring nothing, but pure driving pleasure.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
I try to keep everyone I can out of my car. LOL Coupes are great for that. I've only ever had one sedan, and that was a 2003 Mazda 6s which was much smaller and sportier feeling than the current Mazda 6 is. I loved that car, but I did end up with passengers a lot more than I have with owning a coupe.

I grew up with a BMW enthusiast father, so I learned to drive in one.... I've always appreciated the way they handle. I just don't want to pay that much for one.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts