Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 13 Accord with Navi the Traffic Incident feature quit working in my area. Honda says it's a FM broadcast signal, not sure who provides it so they don't have a fix. This is BS! Someone @ Honda has a fix, they need to fix it, free or not. I get the runaround when I call. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
148 Posts
On my 13 Accord with Navi the Traffic Incident feature quit working in my area. Honda says it's a FM broadcast signal, not sure who provides it so they don't have a fix. This is BS! Someone @ Honda has a fix, they need to fix it, free or not. I get the runaround when I call. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure how it is with the Accord but on my old car, the traffic feature was tied into Sirius Traffic which you got if you renewed your subscription with Sirius-XM. I'm not sure if the Accord is similar but the fault could lie with them and not Honda.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Google is your friend. link

I have no idea what any of this means. :dunno:
Hahaha

RDS-TMC represents the state of the art in North America for delivering accurate and timely information on traffic conditions.
If FM traffic is state of the art, we're in trouble.

How do you know it's not working? In my experience, in the Philly area, FM traffic has so little trouble info, that it's only a interesting add on to the car, not a useful feature.

If the FM traffic indicator disappeared from your map, that indicates a problem, although I'd hardly miss it. Come to think of it, I haven't checked to see if mine is working in a few weeks.

When you call Honda, did you ask for 'technology assistance'?

(It's not XM based in some trims, as they don't have XM radio anymore. I don't know what they do in the trims with XM, but I suspect it is FM radio based as well, since that is what is advertised.)

I believe it is somehow enabled by Honda with a tie in to your VIN setup though, as mine didn't work for a few days, along with the HondaLink setup stuff, when I first purchased the car.

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
It has nothing to do with XM in the Accord.

I've found it's very hit or miss. It worked great when I was in Houston for a few days, however I rarely get info around here. XM was actually much better, but not worth the extra price for me.

·
Reverse
14 Posts
FM Traffic, at least on the Accord, is not nearly as comprehensive as XM was on my last car. Can't say the incident reporting is any worse though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts