Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so bear with me. I just purchased this car a month or so ago. I have this issue with the car swaying side to side, but only on grooved concrete. We have some pretty new freeways and the grooves in the concrete are what seems to cause this issue. There are some blacktop areas on these freeways and no issue there. I am curious if the crappy Good Year Eagle Touring tires are to blame. I have read a lot of bad reviews on these tires. I have not had the alignment checked, but like I said on normal blacktop roads it drives like a Cadillac. Tire pressure is set to the door panel spec. Any ideas? I am really thinking it is the tires. Oh, by the way they are the 19 in wheels.

·
Registered
619 Posts
In a nutshell the rear sway bar is very small compared to the front and how stiff the rest of the car is. This can cause the swaying at speeds your talking about.

·
Row 'em
81 Posts
In a nutshell the rear sway bar is very small compared to the front and how stiff the rest of the car is. This can cause the swaying at speeds your talking about.
Uh, no.

I'm new here so bear with me. I just purchased this car a month or so ago. I have this issue with the car swaying side to side, but only on grooved concrete. We have some pretty new freeways and the grooves in the concrete are what seems to cause this issue. There are some blacktop areas on these freeways and no issue there. I am curious if the crappy Good Year Eagle Touring tires are to blame. I have read a lot of bad reviews on these tires. I have not had the alignment checked, but like I said on normal blacktop roads it drives like a Cadillac. Tire pressure is set to the door panel spec. Any ideas? I am really thinking it is the tires. Oh, by the way they are the 19 in wheels.
Tramlining on grooved pavement is common with wider tires like the 235s on Accord Sports. You are correct that certain tires are worse than others, and that out-of-spec alignment can exacerbate it.

My car came with the Goodyears and I didn't notice the tramlining being any worse than any other car I'd driven with similar width tires.

Simplest plan: start with the cheapest fix. 1) Rotate the tires front to rear and see if that makes a difference. 2) Check the alignment, especially the toe setting. If that's correct and the tramlining still bothers you, then, 3) you'll have to try different tires.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Uhm yes. The way this suspension is setup makes the issue worse. There are several lengthy discussions about this. Yes you will always see this issue with low profile tires and changing tires can also help. Bottom line is changing the rsb will make a major difference in quelling this issue. Both my Accords had this issue, especially considering our roads are constantly under construction. Changing the sway bar helped the issue dramatically and is a much cheaper start than changing out all four tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts