Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just bought this 6th generation Honda accord with an engine swap already done. I'm no car wiz and have some issues with the car, the transmission being one of them... daily driving is fine, unless it get hot outside and i need to use the AC. once the AC is on my tranny just reves and barely moves... the other time I ran into the problem was in traffic, the AC wasnt on but there was alot of shifting in and out of 1st gear. I just replaced the clutch thinking it would fix the problem, but to no avail.. can somebody help me out... ?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
And it's a 4 cylinder 5 speed manual transmission??

Does the transmission jump out of gear when the engine revs? I dont know of any connection between the AC and transmisison, maybe just a coincendence.
You mentioned replacing the clutch, but if the engine revs with the clutch engaged it about has to be a clutch problem. Are you sure you got the correct parts? Even if the hydraulic clutch cylinders are bad or fluid level is low the clutch would be engaged all the time. You couldnt shift gears very well but it would not let the engine rev unless its jumping out of gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes its 4 cylinder 5 speed. I did replace the clutch, i took it to a shop to get it done so it should be done correctly, the fluid levels are all okay, i checked them myself...
but when i run the AC and try to take off from a dead stop, the car wont go anywhere, my foot will be all the way off the clutch, the car wont stall, and its very very slow to catch... when it does catch the car wont go over 5 or 10 mph... it does not jump out of gear, my friend tells me its because the clutch gets hot, i find this hard to believe...

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Running the AC will not make the clutch get hot. Reving the engine with the clutch slipping will make it get extremely hot and quickly damage it. How long ago was the clutch replaced?
You need to take it back to the shop that installed the clutch. Either the wrong parts were used or installed incorrectly, any reputable shop will stand behind their work. Start out diplomatically with the owner, but dont be afraid to get tough if they dont make it right.

Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts