Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:) New here, but not new to the accord. I've got an 06 accord ex 5AT and I'm experiencing tranny shudder between shifts. I've recently purchased the 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches and I'm waiting for them to arrive. My accord has 94,000 miles purchased with 64,000 miles and hasn't had atf fluid replaced and is sort of grey in color. There is an internal filter that needs changed correct? Also what type of atf fluid would you recommend?

·
6,325 Posts
I'd go with the Honda dw-1 atf. Do four drain/fills. Spaced out 500 miles between drain/fills preferably. Go on Amazon and get some Lubeguard Red or Black along with the Anti-shudder product. Yes, change the atf filter if it has one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My transmission has started the shudder again between shifts. Replaced both pressure switches and running Castrol import atf. Was shifting very smooth after replacing switches but the shudder for some reason has slowly returned. What do I need to do next? Change fluid again with Honda atf? Run anti-shudder additive? Replace switched again? Change filter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.