Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it started off in Feb with the 2011 EX-l V6 Nav coupe with one main goal in mind. Yesterday it was completed.

I've posted up seperate threads for each addition and figured I'd do the final unveiling with everything in one post here.

Stock as it came

Next came the HFP Suspension kit and some 30% tint all around

Then HFP body kit

And the final product!

Only other thing really to do is black out the roof panel.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,952 Posts
Wow. Nice! I love the HFP wheels. They don't have much for the sedan, sadly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice! Been hoping to see the HFP drop on a red Coupe, that looks good. Really like those wheels also. Good looking ride. If you do wrap the roof, make sure to post pics

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks awesome! I want those wheels!
Dealer gave them to me 264 each which is I guess a couple bucks over cost.

Got a smokin deal on the tires... been looking for these for a while, nothing but good reviews and rated for 60k miles.

2 New 245 40 19 Nitto Motivo 40R R19 Tires | eBay

Guess they ended their sale... they were doing 100 off purchase over 400 (these were 404.00) so I bought 2 pair for 600 to my door!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
You thought about spacers in the rear??

And 2 sets of tires? Do you track your car? Tires do "expire", they will dry out .. They won't be the same in 3 years as they are now... Shouldn't be replacing your tires sooner than that unless your driving insanely. Then another 3 years on the 2nd set and your tires are suddenly 7+ years old; that is not safe....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You thought about spacers in the rear??

And 2 sets of tires? Do you track your car? Tires do "expire", they will dry out .. They won't be the same in 3 years as they are now... Shouldn't be replacing your tires sooner than that unless your driving insanely. Then another 3 years on the 2nd set and your tires are suddenly 7+ years old; that is not safe....
They were sold in pairs for 400 bucks -$100 discount, so 2 pairs is one set for 600 to my door.

I don't track my car, just drive to work and back home about 10 miles a day or so.

I still have to have an alignment done from the drop, going in Friday, and depending on how they stand that rear tire up (suck in bottom or push out top) will determine if I do some spacers on the rear or not.

·
Registered
455 Posts
your pictures dont do justice. i'm the same way, can't get the right angle for the life of me.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It needs spacers, mine does too, but I've gotten lazy and busy as of late. I'm debating wheels now part of me wants 20" due to the cost of tires for 19".

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what about your hfp badge?
90 bucks for an HFP badge... I'll pass :D

and went to do the alignment this weekend and it does appear that I need a camber kit. I'm thinking 25mm spacers for the rear as well. anybody run this spacer care to comment on how they will work as for wheel placement?

·
Registered
475 Posts
90 bucks for an HFP badge... I'll pass :D

and went to do the alignment this weekend and it does appear that I need a camber kit. I'm thinking 25mm spacers for the rear as well. anybody run this spacer care to comment on how they will work as for wheel placement?
I was running a 25 for a while on my sport wheels in the rear then moved it to the front and put a 38 in the rear. For your drop 25 would look perfect though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was running a 25 for a while on my sport wheels in the rear then moved it to the front and put a 38 in the rear. For your drop 25 would look perfect though.
thanks for the feedback

what about camber arms? I see everything from 80 buck ebay to several hundred buck. It's all probably made in china, if I had the time I'd fab up my own, but don't so have to buy.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
220 Posts
thanks for the feedback

what about camber arms? I see everything from 80 buck ebay to several hundred buck. It's all probably made in china, if I had the time I'd fab up my own, but don't so have to buy.

Any suggestions?
The J-power kit is what everyone goes with, just get the rear kit. Some people have gotten a Megan kit but J-power is the favorite.

j power honda accord camber | eBay

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your car is very nice, but I have a legitimate question, why not just buy an actual HFP accord if you want it to appear identical to one so much?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your car is very nice, but I have a legitimate question, why not just buy an actual HFP accord if you want it to appear identical to one so much?
Good question...

My answer would be... Good luck finding one.

in all reality, this (at the time I was looking) was the ONLY fully optioned EXL V6 Navi Red (or grey which I would have taken) nation wide that I could find after I told the dealer to go **** themselves over 250 bucks and went crazy trying to find another one. I tucked my tail and went back and bought it after I found nothing in my searches coast to coast, on Auto trader, Craigslist, search nationwide dealer chain inventories, etc...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good question...

My answer would be... Good luck finding one.

in all reality, this (at the time I was looking) was the ONLY fully optioned EXL V6 Navi Red (or grey which I would have taken) nation wide that I could find after I told the dealer to go **** themselves over 250 bucks and went crazy trying to find another one. I tucked my tail and went back and bought it after I found nothing in my searches coast to coast, on Auto trader, Craigslist, search nationwide dealer chain inventories, etc...

Oh dayum I forgot I posted that.

When I bought my accord, it was at a small lot of some really nice cars. Parked next to my white 4cyl Ex, was a red HFP accord. Knowing how hard it is to find a legitimate one at this time, you have no idea how hard I'm kicking myself in the ass. I def understand now

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I threw these pics in my suspension thread by mistake... they are part of the "build" so throwing them in here...

Blacktop by Kuttek wraps in San Leandro CA

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well it started off in Feb with the 2011 EX-l V6 Nav coupe with one main goal in mind. Yesterday it was completed.

I've posted up seperate threads for each addition and figured I'd do the final unveiling with everything in one post here.

Stock as it came

Next came the HFP Suspension kit and some 30% tint all around

Then HFP body kit

Only other thing really to do is black out the roof panel.
Is the second to last picture the HfP kit and HFP suspension on 18" wheels ? If so, hows the ride ? Is it worth getting ? Do you ever scratch it or bottom out or hit anything while driving? or is it a good low not too low ?

And the final product!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts