Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an accord 1.5 LX 2019 with basic modifications such as kn filter, prl intercoler resonator delete, blah blah dc sports strut bar and aesthetic modifications. I decided to buy the ktuner last week, finally I put stage 1 for drive and stage 2 for sport mode. Once I put the mapping on, the car ran fine for about 20 minutes, It ran it and everything seemed fine, I came to a speed bump that i didnt see because I live in an urban area and I have the habit of putting it in neutral when I suddenly stop, I forgot to pass it on drive mode and when I accelerated the box felt a bit weird but the car accelerated fine after that. Once I arrived at my friend's house I put it in reverse, It hit a strange blow and it felt like it was not going beyond neutral, I had to turn it up to more or less 2k rpms for it to change, the transmission doesnt engage and i have to turn off the car and rev it to 2k at least. I put the default map and it continues with the same issue. I really don't know what to do, the last thing I want is to take it to the dealer because I don't want my mother to realize that I've screwed up my own car for being an idiot:/

·
Turbo lag
2,503 Posts
Sounds like you scored the CVT?

Also, I have questions. Why put it in neutral when suddenly coming to a stop? Not judging you, but you're like the 3 or 4th person that I know that does this for some reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you scored the CVT?

Also, I have questions. Why put it in neutral when suddenly coming to a stop? Not judging you, but you're like the 3 or 4th person that I know that does this for some reason.
Idk i have that stupid habit of doing it like manual trans

Why you mean like scored?

·
Turbo lag
2,503 Posts
Idk i have that stupid habit of doing it like manual trans

Why you mean like scored?
Right right, it's been too long since I've last driven a manual, nor have I ever driven a manual long enough to remember that.

Scored just means that the belt have slipped significantly against the pully, once it slips, it damages both the pully and the belt, and thus reduce the amount of power it can hold.

Also wonder if your issue could be a bad torque converter. Whatever it is, it is likely permanently damaged and would require repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right right, it's been too long since I've last driven a manual, nor have I ever driven a manual long enough to remember that.

Scored just means that the belt have slipped significantly against the pully, once it slips, it damages both the pully and the belt, and thus reduce the amount of power it can hold.

Also wonder if your issue could be a bad torque converter. Whatever it is, it is likely permanently damaged and would require repair.

Yeah after it enganges , the car just run fine , i been driving the car like i do on my normal day , except when i come to a stop "sometimes" it doesnt not go like if its in neutral or when i put reverse , the car accelerates like it used to do before

thx , i am really scared rn

BTW , it shows the code P0796 with the scanner

1. A/T Clutch pressure control solenoid Valve C stuck off

2.CVT Start Clutch Pressure control solenoid valve stuck.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
261 Posts
Transmission replacement. The tune just made it officially break quicker. What was you thinking throwing it in neutral like that all the time? If you want a manual and like rowing your own gears. Should have got that instead. Don’t even bother taking it in for warranty. They will know it’s been flashed and all warranty void. You are f'ed. Goes with the territory when modding. Hope I’m wrong.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Why do people buy lowest possible trim cars and then spend thousands and thousands of dollars trying to make it quicker and it will still be slower than buying the higher engine option to begin with. You cooked the CVT and now you want help from online forum. And putting CVT in neutral every time you stop...wow.

thx , i am really scared rn
You should be.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
There really needs to be more warning for this sort of thing. I know it is unwise to tune a CVT because I'm here in the forum, where does someone who just googled Ktuner see that it is a bad idea? My nephew bought a $40 plug in tuner from ebay and blew the motor in his Forte last year because he removed the rev limiter thinking higher RPM = more power

·
Super Moderator
3,548 Posts
Why do people buy lowest possible trim cars and then spend thousands and thousands of dollars trying to make it quicker and it will still be slower than buying the higher engine option to begin with.
Same reason people buy the highest possible trim cars and then spend thousands and thousands of dollars trying to make it quicker and it will still be slower than buying a faster to begin with.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Same reason people buy the highest possible trim cars and then spend thousands and thousands of dollars trying to make it quicker and it will still be slower than buying a faster to begin with.
Apples and oranges. By your logic, why not buy a Veyron instead of Accord. Why waste money on Hellcat, 911 or C8. I'm specifically talking about being in a market for ONE brand/make/model, spending money on a lower/slower powertrain, and then spending thousands to get it up to power/speed of the what was already available on that same car to begin with. And...you're compromising longevity/reliability of the car by doing that.

·
Super Moderator
3,548 Posts
Apples and oranges. By your logic, why not buy a Veyron instead of Accord. Why waste money on Hellcat, 911 or C8. I'm specifically talking about being in a market for ONE brand/make/model, spending money on a lower/slower powertrain, and then spending thousands to get it up to power/speed of the what was already available on that same car to begin with. And...you're compromising longevity/reliability of the car by doing that.
My point is no matter what car a car guy buys they are going to try to make it faster or change it. They guy with the Veyron will tune it if a tune is available.

·
Registered
137 Posts
you're not supposed to put it in neutral all the time. you should really never need to be in neutral unless you're getting towed or trying to roll it forward onto a lift. you probably damaged it from doing that then doing the tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts