Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm changing the transmission filter on a 03 Honda Accord and I notice pieces of pastic from the filter stuck in the bandjo bolt. Has anyone else had this experience?

Also, I didn't see a crush washer where the line fitting mates to the filter housing. Do some Accords not have a crush washer there? There is one where the bandjo bolt mates to the line fitting.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From memory there should be two, one either side of the fitting.

/Honda/AutoFilterPage.html Zoom in on the fitting.

lucky you checked before the oil return was completely blocked.
Thanks Mike, Got everything back together. Hopefully, none of the filter pieces got sucked into the transmission. I put a crush washer between the banjo fittings and the filter housing. Mine didn't have one for some reason and I'm the original owner and I never replaced the filter before.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,650 Posts
im not making a statement, but a question.. what part of the filter is Plastic??
I was wondering the same. I've never taken a filter apart, so see what's inside though. Could it have come from something else inside the transmission? Next filter change I'll be sure to check the banjo bolt. Something like that could really restrict flow in the wrong place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts