Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, does anyone else have issues with a 2013 Honda Accord I4 transmission?
Ex. I will put it in drive from park and nothing will happen, just motor revving. Another thing is it taking a long time to get out of first gear, the car will nearly red line before changing out of first.

·
HK Moderator
13,430 Posts
What happened to the car today? Did you run over something?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just tell us you neglected to change the transmission fluid so we can blame it on you and close the subject.
Dang man no need to be rude about it lol, I actually checked with my parents on when it was last changed, They said it has been just about a year. I got gifted the car for my 16th birthday and they got everything serviced before that. Only 17 still trying to learn about cars so thats why I asked the question on here.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
This is an example of someone who is not unintelligent, but genuinely doesn't know or understand.

There is no first gear, it's all one big gear. Is the car moving forward when it feels like it "takes a while to get out of first"? If yes, it's probably normal. If no, there is a problem for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts