Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2006 V6 and am going to replace the transmission mounts. First of all, what is the correct nomenclature as to the mounts with regard to the engine and transmission? I have already replaced the front mount and the passenger side mount. The dealership told me the transmission mounts were bad but when I try to do research, I can't find any resources on how to replace the transmission mounts. As far as I can tell, there is the top, bottom forward, and bottom rear. If anyone has information, service manuals, or a sticky they know of that could help me replace these, I would be very appreciative.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you take your driver side wheel off, you will be able to see them. Do a search for your cars transmission mounts so that you can see what they look like. To change them just place a piece of wood under the transmission and jack it up. Then take off the bolts that secure the mounts and slap the new ones in. Its not very hard. At least this is how i did mine.

·
Super Moderator
6,655 Posts
The 4-cyl isn't very hard. I had the same question and nobody could answer me so my parts have been sitting there.

The 2 lower transmission mounts for the V6 transmission are tightly squeezed against the frame and I don't see a way of replacing them unless the upper transmission mount comes out then you unbolt and 2 lower mounts, jack up the transmission, take them out, then replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts