Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never posted on this site before, but this transmission problem my 08 accord V6 EX-L NAV just experienced has driven me to inform all of you fellow accord.neters. My car has 79215 miles on it and as I was driving to work this morning the check engine light turned on and the "D" on the dash started to turn on and off. Admittedly, I was startled as I've never seen these lights turn on in my old 99 Accord LX that has over 200K miles on it. The car felt fine as I drove it in to the dealer, but I did hear a weird noise kinda like a fan going really fast. They charged me ~96 dollars to run the diagnostics machine on it. An hour and a half later the Honda service advisor approached me and said, "have a seat." I immediately knew this was going to hurt. He then went on to tell me that the 3rd Gear Pressure switch on the transmission failed. I asked if this was a common problem and he said, "Nope, never seen this before." I always heard of the transmission problems on some V6 accords, but I never thought I would fall victim. Anyway, he said that "this part" was still under warranty and that the fix would be of no cost to me. I have a lot of faith in Honda, but this one kinda hurts even if it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Welcome! If my car was 20k miles past the end of the powertrain warranty and Honda repaired it for free I would have more faith in Honda. I've had warranty claims by other manufacturers denied for being less than 1k miles past the end of the warranty.

EDIT: Hopefully it was just a fluke that the part failed and you won't experience any more issues. Have you been changing the fluid in it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done all of the Honda recommended items with the exception of the fuel system clean thing up to this point. Your right about the warranty thing, it's just that I've never seen any major thing go wrong in any of the 4 Accords in the family.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh man.. I get nightmares thinking about transmission problems. I had a 3.2 Tl Type S and went through 2 transmission.
Good thing they are fixing yours. Hopefully no more problems. Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xenologics, did drive up the milelage on your TL just as fast as I have on my accord? I've had my 08 for about 2.5 years now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My first transmission lasted 94,000 km after 4 years. They said it was 2nd gear + torque Converter.. They also did a recall just before as well.. it Didnt fix the problem. I was worried when getting my new v6 accord with honda's transmissions but apparently since 2007 transmissions seem to be a lot better.

·
NJDR
862 Posts
damn u like to drive huh hahhah hope all goes well tho man .. thank god its under warenty

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
My co-workers 2010 EX i4 Sedan did the same thing. It was the 3rd gear pressure switch. His car has less than 10k mi at the moment. Pay attention to their work because if they don't tighten it properly, transmission fluid may leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts