Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so where should I start? I recently had a ton of work done to my car just to have my transmission blow a month later. I had to replace my catalytic converter, then I had all 4 brake pads and rotors done, and then I swear I was driving my car for about a few weeks and then my transmission blew.. I havent had my car since the beginning of July and I just want to know if anyone has heard of any problems regarding transmissions on a 2003 honda accord coupe or if anyone knows where I can find one for a decent price?

I have about almost 130,000 on the car and it still( or at least it did) run great. I still owe on the car so tradingit in is not an option especially without a trasnmission.

Anything will help people....

·
6,322 Posts
Has the atf been changed regularly?

I had a series of problems with my 99 around 75k(front wheel bearing, rear main seal leak, fuel pressure regulator). Sold it at 166k 9.5yrs old without any more problems.

Around here indy shops charge around $1800 for a new trans/rebuild. Where are you located?

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,511 Posts
The I4 autos are just as weak, they just have much less strain on them. You have to take care of them, and not abuse them, for the transmission to last.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts