Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put their bicycle inside the car? It'd be great if you could share strategies or pictures of how you fit it inside.

I'm hoping I can just take off the front and/or rear wheels and fit the frame without having to lower the rear seats. I'm gonna be moving out this weekend so I guess I'll find out then, but hearing about others' experiences would be helpful.

·
Banned
438 Posts
Have seen bike fit in acura 4 door by taking off tires, quick release.
2 Bike rack at sports authority for 65.00 dollars.
Only my opinion, good luck.

·
유+웃= ♋
102 Posts
I have fit a road bike in the back of my Accord without taking any tires off. I just drop the back seat and push the passenger seat up. Fits like a glove.

·
Automagic V6 Coupe
17 Posts
Have seen bike fit in acura 4 door by taking off tires, quick release.
2 Bike rack at sports authority for 65.00 dollars.
Only my opinion, good luck.
Id recommend going with the 65$ rack. It makes it super easy to transport your bike plus one more. Putting it on and taking it off is simple (3 clips universal). You don't need to worry about scratching or getting dirt and grease in your interior.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Id recommend going with the 65$ rack. It makes it super easy to transport your bike plus one more. Putting it on and taking it off is simple (3 clips universal). You don't need to worry about scratching or getting dirt and grease in your interior.
I like fitting the bike in the car by dropping the back seat and removing the front wheel. My 56 cm road bike frame fits fine with the rear wheel towards the dropped back seat and the front fork towards the trunk door (laying with the chain side of the bike up so you won't mess your gear adjustments or grease the interior). I have the trunk liner and it make it easy to clean. Also I have an old polyester blanket from Ikea that I use to protect the back seat liner from the dirt from the rear wheel.

Specially for long drives on the highway I like the safety of having the bike in the car. There are several benefits like no scratches on the car from either the rack or bike pedals, bike is totally shielded from wind/rain/flying road debris while transporting it, no anxiety if it is tied sturdy enough on highway speeds. However this way you loose the back seat and I doubt if there's room for a second bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts