21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,408 Posts
Reading is your friend.

·
Registered
343 Posts
A trunk mount, strap-on rack will be less of an expense than getting a hitch added, and then getting a hitch-mount rack. Most trunk mount racks are made to work with either a sedan trunk, or with an SUV or hatchback back end, but require some adjustments to adapt to the trunk or rear hatch profile/shape.

REI stores carry some different types in the stores, with more assortment online. Performance Bike is a chain of bike shops that usually has at least a few different kinds of trunk-mount racks in stock. Independent bike shops probably have fewer choices, but may be worth checking out,

Saris is a good-quality brand, but other brands can work just fine, as well.

Once you get a rack adjusted/fitted to your car, it should be pretty quick and easy to put it on and off. It is also good if the rack is small enough to stow in the trunk, at your ride site, so no one is tempted to take the rack, itself. And, generally speaking, you can't open your trunk with the rack on.....

Here is a link to Saris' Trunk-mount racks, and they have a little tool to put in your car info. Most of their trunk-mounts will fit, but it also shows some "fitting tips" for your car model. Saris has three or four "levels" of trunk-mount racks, with a pretty broad range of pricing. The "Bones" and "Bones EX" lines are what I usually think of, as being "Saris-type" racks. Their cheaper line is more like the "generic" racks that others make.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A trunk mount, strap-on rack will be less of an expense than getting a hitch added, and then getting a hitch-mount rack. Most trunk mount racks are made to work with either a sedan trunk, or with an SUV or hatchback back end, but require some adjustments to adapt to the trunk or rear hatch profile/shape.

REI stores carry some different types in the stores, with more assortment online. Performance Bike is a chain of bike shops that usually has at least a few different kinds of trunk-mount racks in stock. Independent bike shops probably have fewer choices, but may be worth checking out,

Saris is a good-quality brand, but other brands can work just fine, as well.

Once you get a rack adjusted/fitted to your car, it should be pretty quick and easy to put it on and off. It is also good if the rack is small enough to stow in the trunk, at your ride site, so no one is tempted to take the rack, itself. And, generally speaking, you can't open your trunk with the rack on.....

Here is a link to Saris' Trunk-mount racks, and they have a little tool to put in your car info. Most of their trunk-mounts will fit, but it also shows some "fitting tips" for your car model. Saris has three or four "levels" of trunk-mount racks, with a pretty broad range of pricing. The "Bones" and "Bones EX" lines are what I usually think of, as being "Saris-type" racks. Their cheaper line is more like the "generic" racks that others make.

I just recently purchased a Saris Bones 2-bike trunk rack for my daughter's 2001 TL. It does work pretty well, however, if it was going to be installed on a new car, I think I would install PPF on the trunk lid and rear bumper to protect it from scratches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A side note, I think the center support beam that extends on the trunk lid may be too long for the 10th gen Accord. I think the foot of the support beam will press against the rear window, which may not be ideal. It might be fine, but I wouldn't want to risk cracking the window.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts