Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
My numbers lost their average fuel stats too, when I changed that setting to make Trip A reset automatically after each fill-up. After getting gas it reset ok, but the history looks like that on mine too now. Still waiting to have to fill up again to see if this first full tank "sticks".

I had originally tried making Trip B the one to reset every fill-up, but there is no "History of Trip B" detailed page like that for whatever strange reason.

·
Banned
784 Posts
It must be the metric system

Your screen looks weird to say the least. My system has been very accurate. Two methods (the car calculated and miles/gallons) match. Try reset after a complete refuel and see if that clears out everything.

·
Continuously Varying
167 Posts
My numbers lost their average fuel stats too, when I changed that setting to make Trip A reset automatically after each fill-up. After getting gas it reset ok, but the history looks like that on mine too now. Still waiting to have to fill up again to see if this first full tank "sticks".
It won't, mine has not been tracking tank averages ever since I set mine to automatically reset Trip A with each fill-up. It's been one of the 3 things on my list for the dealer to address with the first service visit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I manually reset the mileage every fill-up. I believe if you reset IMMEDIATELY after turning on the car, the current data hasn't yet populated on the screen and will thus show a blank space on your recent history after reset. I noticed this after resetting too early once. I wait a little while now (no more than 30 seconds) and it hasn't been a problem.

This makes sense for folks who have the Trip A auto-reset functionality turned on; the system performs the reset as soon as the car is started, before the prior data can populate. Small glitch, I guess.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
looks like a software glitch.

if this car rolled in my bay like that i would start with disconnecting the positive and negative battery terminals, removing them from teh battery and holding them together for about a minute. this will drain all the capacitors in the vehicle, effectively resetting everything. then i'd go on a road test to see how it is.

if it's fine i'd let it go. if it came back with the same problem i'd be on the phone with techline asking if it's a known problem, etc, and if they wanted to replace the audio unit or pcm(whatever inputs that information to the screen)

·
Retired from BMW of NA
7,333 Posts
looks like a software glitch.

if this car rolled in my bay like that i would start with disconnecting the positive and negative battery terminals, removing them from teh battery and holding them together for about a minute. this will drain all the capacitors in the vehicle, effectively resetting everything. then i'd go on a road test to see how it is.
1st time I've seen this written in a long time - we've been resetting BMW's for years doing this...like a big CTRL-ALT-DELETE for the car - works every time...every tech I know has a 16 gauge wire with two alligator clips at the ends hanging from his snap-on box for this...

·
East Coast
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, since I posted this I filled up once again and without changing a single thing it registered the mileage on the last trip ???? Waiting for the next fill up and I'll post again. Thanks for all the suggestions btw. I was also digging in the settings and can see the page referring to this screen and there seems to be an option to control how trip A will be reset but if you select that drop down menu it only gives you reset on fill up, there are no other options. Weird.

·
Honda Racing Evolution
1,646 Posts
^ Not true. At least not for 07 Accord. I can put $20 gas in it and it would restart(I set it that way). It gives me range for the gas I put in and calculates mileage. Highly doubt its different for new Accords.

·
East Coast
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was thinking about this again today and I remembered that the last time I filled up AND it reset and recorded the mpgs, I had the key removed from the ignition. It seems to me the previous fill ups I may have still had the key in the ignition. I'm just tossing possibilities around but I wonder ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My '13 LX was doing the same thing. On the last two fills it wouldn't drop down the mpg data. Only the miles. I have it set to reset A after refuel.

What I had done on the first two was just start the car right up. It would reset just the miles.
What I did last time was turn to ACC then let it load. Then to ON for a few seconds. It won't set yet. Then start. It registered the miles and mpg from previous tank and dropped them down.

·
East Coast
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My '13 LX was doing the same thing. On the last two fills it wouldn't drop down the mpg data. Only the miles. I have it set to reset A after refuel.

What I had done on the first two was just start the car right up. It would reset just the miles.
What I did last time was turn to ACC then let it load. Then to ON for a few seconds. It won't set yet. Then start. It registered the miles and mpg from previous tank and dropped them down.
WOW, great catch,..I'll try this on my next fill up and report back. I really hope this is it.

·
East Coast
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome. On my last fill up I switched into both key positions for 3 seconds before starting the car and the mileage registered just fine. First time in over 4 fill ups. Seems like if you immediately start without pausing for a few seconds the mileage won't register. I'll wait for the next couple fill ups before I conclude the problem is solved.

·
Read Only
9 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread. I have the Canadian EXL and I'm having a worse time with trip reset.

Trip A is set to reset after refuel like everybody else.

After refuel, start engine right away, trip is reset but history is not updated.

Another refuel, turn to ACC then ON (until it displays trip A), start engine. Same thing, trip is reset but history is still not updated.

If I press and hold the reset rod, it behaves well. Trip reset and history updated.

Note I've only refueled my car twice. Maybe the behavior will change after a couple of times as suggested.

Any thought?

·
East Coast
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry to resurrect this thread. I have the Canadian EXL and I'm having a worse time with trip reset.

Trip A is set to reset after refuel like everybody else.

After refuel, start engine right away, trip is reset but history is not updated.

Another refuel, turn to ACC then ON (until it displays trip A), start engine. Same thing, trip is reset but history is still not updated.

If I press and hold the reset rod, it behaves well. Trip reset and history updated.

Note I've only refueled my car twice. Maybe the behavior will change after a couple of times as suggested.

Any thought?
Yeah, it's a bugger and something Honda needs to fix. I make sure the key is out when I refuel. When your done switch to the first position and wait five or ten seconds, then to the next position for 5 or 10 seconds, then start. See if that does it for you and let us know.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.