Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took a trip to the car wash the other day and came out of the car wash with a broken front bumper. My accord now needs a new bumper cover. :thumbsdow the carwash is going to pay for the car to go into the shop and have a new bumper installed! :banana: I was lucky i got out of my car to look it over even if it was cold outside. Just wanted to share be careful while you take your car though a car wash.

Attachments

·
Reverse Gear
779 Posts
What exactly happened? What kind of car wash was it?

·
24th Gear
1,619 Posts
Why does it need a new bumper? It doesn't look like any of the clips are broken, it looks like it just needs to be popped back on.

·
Carpe Diem
3,159 Posts
Was it one of those automated car washes that pulls your car along? Otherwise, I don't see how this could have happened.

·
Registered
388 Posts
That thing that spins in the automated car washes must be spinning really fast to pop that out. Any scratches?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yea looks like you just need to pop it back in from that pic. youre probably missing the screw in the wheel well to begin with and when the spinning thingys hit the bumper area, it probably pulled the bumper out. but hey, a free/new bumper why not! haha

·
-Gene
656 Posts
why just pop it back in when you can get a new one though.

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
resonator delete? might as well if you want to

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried the screw is still there and the bumper is missig a piece of plastic so it wont stay in it will pop back out. It was one of the automated washes that did it. But I get a new bumper either way insurance company came by and said new bumper was needed.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The original bumper will have the VIN number stamped on. A replacement will not, so if you want to sell your car as an all original car (never wrecked) you may be SOL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried the screw is still there and the bumper is missig a piece of plastic so it wont stay in it will pop back out. It was one of the automated washes that did it. But I get a new bumper either way insurance company came by and said new bumper was needed.
this is part of the reason insurance is so high. You bring your car through those horrendous car wash machines that brutalize your car then you whine when a little piece of plastic breaks and they give you a new bumper. Too lazy to wash your car, too lazy to fix it yourself, yet you get the most benefit.

Sorry for my ranting. This really isn't a personal attack on you, I just hate how insurance works and that they're really sticking it to me now.

·
VTAKKKK
1,710 Posts
Wash your own car in below freezing weather. Not everyone can wash their car year-round. As for fixing it, a chunk of bumper is missing so it won't stay in....how can he fix it?

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
this is part of the reason insurance is so high. You bring your car through those horrendous car wash machines that brutalize your car then you whine when a little piece of plastic breaks and they give you a new bumper. Too lazy to wash your car, too lazy to fix it yourself, yet you get the most benefit.

Sorry for my ranting. This really isn't a personal attack on you, I just hate how insurance works and that they're really sticking it to me now.
There is no excuse for a car wash outfit to break something off a customer's car during the delivery of their service, I see nothing wrong that the customer is compensated appropriately for the damages the vendor caused, in fact in this case the customer has to endure additional grief such as taking time to have the car looked at, go drop off and pick up a rental car while the car is in the shop etc. that he's not even going to be compensated for.

As well, sounds like not only the vendor had agreed, if I understand correctly the vendor's insurance company also indicated the bumper needs to be replaced, it is not as if OP was the one unreasonably demanding for it!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wash your own car in below freezing weather. Not everyone can wash their car year-round. As for fixing it, a chunk of bumper is missing so it won't stay in....how can he fix it?
i washed mine in freezing weather hahaha.

·
07 Sdn
395 Posts
i washed mine in freezing weather hahaha.
LOL same here! Bucket of hot water and Optimum No Rinse. Haven't been to a car wash in years.

That s u c k s though about the OP's bumper. I've seen car washes rip side mirrors off. Usually it was because the mirrors were partially damaged to begin with.

·
Registered
665 Posts
LOL same here! Bucket of hot water and Optimum No Rinse. Haven't been to a car wash in years.

That s u c k s though about the OP's bumper. I've seen car washes rip side mirrors off. Usually it was because the mirrors were partially damaged to begin with.
Hot water? I did mine on Sunday with two buckets of cold water. It was 45 degrees out, so I can't say it was freezing, but still.

OP, I'm glad the shop is owning up to this. That being said, I'd be careful about where you choose to get your washes done in the future.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
How does a car wash manage to rip bumpers off?

·
Registered
273 Posts

be my guest if you want to manually wash your car in single digit weather.

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,151 Posts
The original bumper will have the VIN number stamped on. A replacement will not, so if you want to sell your car as an all original car (never wrecked) you may be SOL.
Negative. Bumper replacement vs a wrecked vehicle? Stuff happens and bumpers are usually the first to go. Anyone that knows how to thoroughly inspect a vehicle can tell the difference. So don't let this deter you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts