Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Alpha Dog
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live about 1 1/2 hours from Myrtle Beach S.C. Took my Accord there for a business meeting. Felt like I rode in a freakin go cart. The seats in these things are horrible if you are going to be in them for more than 30 minutes. I wonder if I can have someone replace the foam in them? I could care less about the heated seats option, just something more comfortable. Any suggestions from anyone. How did you make your park bench more comfortable?

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
ANY top notch upholstery shop can make the seat configure to you. Plan on spending some bucks.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
remember, supportive/stiff seats are much better for your posture. i wouldnt want to sit in regular soft seats that resemble a home sofa in my car.

·
The Stig's day off...
223 Posts
Made several 2+ hour drives in mine so far, love the way the seats contour to my back, and the firmness is great.

Have you given yourself time to get used to the seats, and did you sit in them with relatively good posture? Those two items can make a world of difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have driven in my car for 18 hours straight from ga to ny to pa and the seats were very comfortable. your seats might need a little break in period....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Drove 3.5 to VA Beach without a glitch, seats were fine. Maybe my backfat helped?:nuts:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I also think these seats are horrible, and I had my car already for 2+ years.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i work an hour n 15 min away from where i live... it used to be my a-b car for about 7 months.... no issues here... just gotta sit up straight and use the lumbar support

·
Registered
290 Posts
umm i hate the buttocks part of the seat... after 1+ hr of straight driving my butt hurts like no other.... i have to always readjust myself wen im driving

·
Alpha Dog
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm 6'3" 225 and as far as the lumbar support and all goes thats fine. It just the hardness of the seats. I like good support but the firmness of the seats is like sitting on a park bench. I also have a Ford Expedition with leather and I have taken trips 10+ hours with just a few rest area stops and I was fine. I guess I just need to get used to the stiff seats. If not I will look around for maybe a gel seat cushion or something. Hey...thanks for all of the replies. Other than the comfort I like the car alot.

·
The Stig's day off...
223 Posts
Oh man, I used to have a Ford Explorer with leather seats, those things were like a couch! I can definitely see where you are coming from. It's all what you are used to.

·
port & polish everything
1,699 Posts
6'0", 150 lbs..seats fine for me

btw myrtle beach nice area

1 - 16 of 16 Posts