Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hardwired the SG9665GC dash cam to the fuse box with the CELL POWER CPUSB01 and it powers up and the record light blinks and runs just fine as long as I use a slot on the fuse box that is always powered on even when the key is out of the ignition. But if I try to use one of the other fuse slots that only gets power when you turn the key, the SG9665GC powers up for about 1 second, then gradually loses power and dwindles down for 3-4 seconds as though it was unplugged. But the device in the car still works fine.

For example, I used a fuse slot that powers the windshield wipers. The windshield wipers work fine, but the SG9665GC losers power and dwindles off right after I turn the ignition. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

·
PITA
44 Posts
I hardwired the SG9665GC dash cam to the fuse box with the CELL POWER CPUSB01 and it powers up and the record light blinks and runs just fine as long as I use a slot on the fuse box that is always powered on even when the key is out of the ignition. But if I try to use one of the other fuse slots that only gets power when you turn the key, the SG9665GC powers up for about 1 second, then gradually loses power and dwindles down for 3-4 seconds as though it was unplugged. But the device in the car still works fine.

For example, I used a fuse slot that powers the windshield wipers. The windshield wipers work fine, but the SG9665GC losers power and dwindles off right after I turn the ignition. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
What are using for a ground point?

·
PITA
44 Posts
I'm using the nut just above the truck release lever.
Hmmm, well I have been wiring up cars for 30+ years and never heard of anything related to the car's electrical system that can do that.

I suspect that the Cell Power box you installed is causing the problem. You may want to get a different brand or remove it and use something else in the wiring and see if that fixes the problem.

I suspect that the Cell Power box is "seeing" a lower voltage on switched power sources and this triggers the Cell Power box to turn off the power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts